Complete failure, so frustrated

Ok so I tinted a 2007 Chevy impala tonight. Did everything the same as always, and I pulled the door seals like everyone said to on here. First 2 windows had so much contamination it was unbelievable. Like incredibly tiny micro specs, but millions of them in clusters. Made sure we paid extra attention to cleaning when we did it again, same problem. Cleaned my sprayers out again and put new slip in, same problem. (J&J baby shampoo, sprayers 2 weeks old) Using the exact same sprayers with the exact same roll of tint on the same car, the back window went on without a problem. Worked for 5 hours on one car, only to pull everything off because it looked like garbage. I have 3 theories, either bad tint, something defective with the windows themselves, or im not cleaning the sprayers thoroughly enough? :notwrthy the only one that would really make sense is the windows being messed up somehow I guess, since the back worked fine. I'm so frustrated, never had any problem like this before. Anyone have any suggestions at all? I cant even get a pic because the contamination didnt show up in the pictures.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am tired so I may be wrong... but if it has felt seals that would be where you are getting your contamination from. If not make sure to clean the seals all the way around the door! Is it a dirty car? You may need to wash it!

Did you pull the side seals? If there are pits in the glass you would feel them with a razor blade..i vote dirty water or you just suck :notwrthy :notwrthy. Dont worry car tinting never gets too easy, once you start feeling like a pro, BAM..you get your ass handed to you again :music

Are the patches located where you touched the adhesive of the film? Peeling on the car or peel board? Also how long till you've pulled the liner and put it on the glass. Maybe some more solution on the film and glass will help get the dirt moving when you squeegee away.

once you start feeling like a pro, BAM..you get your ass handed to you again :notwrthy

Sounds about right lol

I did pull the seals - it goes the whole way around, so both sides and top were pulled. I did clean out the channels on each side though. I know it cant be just error in cleaning because of the ridiculous amount of contamination, and the fact that by the 4th time around I made the window so freakin spotless it was ridiculous. I do use tap water - I'm ging to test some stuff out on Friday on my car, distilled water will be part of that. Thanks!

Guest filmslayer
Dont worry car tinting never gets too easy, once you start feeling like a pro, BAM..you get your ass handed to you again :lol

had mine handed to me by an old toyota van yesterday .....

Sometime i feel like the majority of contamination comes in the peeling process, especially if you peel off the car. Also, i don't think it matters how many times you clean a window. It only needs to be clean "once" the right way.

Archived