Tinting Outside

well mr. perfect not all installers are so lucky. all he wants is to better himself and not to be called a free loader.

Im mobile and will not tint a vehicle unless its in a garage. I've tinted out in the open and in carports and the installation is just not as clean. IMO, tinting out in the open shows your just concered with getting someones money, rather than getting a quality installation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadeking

I think we all have tinted outside once or twice. I had the joy of tinting in the rain once, the job turned out clean :facepalm

If only I was 19 again... :sigh:

If I were you I would go around and see if a local stereo or detail shop would be willing share some space. Time to sell yourself friend!

on a calm day I can tint outside cleaner then probably most tinter's, but if there's even a small breeze I don't like to.

I do have a set of tents that I use on rare occasion. More or less just to show that it can be done. I also use to service a couple of used car lots with no garage at all.

I don't really like to use them, but if I have to in a pinch I will.

coast2coasttinting004-2.jpg

Guest shadeking

I thought about buying one of those too, but it looks like a pain in the arse to set up.

edit: if I plan to go mobile, would set up a 3 sided portable garage

well mr. perfect not all installers are so lucky. all he wants is to better himself and not to be called a free loader.
Im mobile and will not tint a vehicle unless its in a garage. I've tinted out in the open and in carports and the installation is just not as clean. IMO, tinting out in the open shows your just concered with getting someones money, rather than getting a quality installation.

What?? I have no idea where i implied that he was a free loader....anyways, I wasn't aware that people tint out in the open with absolutely no coverage. Many mobile tinters like myself will not even tint in a covered carport open on one side. With my experiences, tinting anywhere besides a garage results in a poor installation. Recently, I redid one of my quarters windows in my covered carport, the first one had about a 100 dots, so IMO its hit or miss installing like this.

Although, if you can get a quality installation tinting in the sun and wind, more too ya then b/c that something i cannot accomplish.

:thumb

it really come's down to the type of shop you are working out of. I spent a few years tinting for a body shop. And I would just as soon tint outside with no cover then go back to tinting in their shop.

As far as my mobile setup. I can set the tent's up by myself, but it is alot easier with 2 people. The only thing I have to say about the 3 sided garage to block the wind sounds great, but on a really sunny day direct sunlight could be a problem.

I really don't recomend anyone try tinting outside with no cover unless you are very quick, and there is basicly no breeze what so ever, even the smallest gust can really screw you up. From putting contamination onto your clean window. To picking up the film you are trying to cut and messing up film.

Can it be done yes. Should it be done no. The only way you should really tint out doors is if you are installing exterior film. :thumb

Archived