Tinting Outside

Hey guys, now I know it's really not ideal to be tinting cars outside but I no longer have a unit 'money issues'.

90% of the time it comes out looking great but on the odd occasion it doesn't...

I was just wondering for those of you out there that tint mobile and outside if you have any useful tips to minimize contamination.....

Like I said I know its not ideal but its got to do for now....!

thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im mobile and will not tint a vehicle unless its in a garage. I've tinted out in the open and in carports and the installation is just not as clean. IMO, tinting out in the open shows your just concered with getting someones money, rather than getting a quality installation.

Im mobile and will not tint a vehicle unless its in a garage. I've tinted out in the open and in carports and the installation is just not as clean. IMO, tinting out in the open shows your just concered with getting someones money, rather than getting a quality installation.

A quality installation is the priority for me, I wouldn't take the customers money If i wasn't happy with the installation myself. If the costumer has a garage I use it but sometimes I find myself without cover and out doors is the only option.... Im just looking for some advice from those who tint outside regularly and do get decent outcomes...

I would make sure that not only the glass is clean, but the surrounding areas around it. It seems that cars that are completley covered in dust and dirt are much harder to get clean. So I always clean about 5 inches or so around the glass.

One other thing, especially for front roll ups. When you stick the film for peeling, make sure that the "tall" side of the pattern towards the rear, is about an 1/8" or so away from the outside molding. This will greatly prevent getting contamination along the tall side edge of the film.

Guest fredstinting
Hey guys, now I know it's really not ideal to be tinting cars outside but I no longer have a unit 'money issues'.

90% of the time it comes out looking great but on the odd occasion it doesn't...

I was just wondering for those of you out there that tint mobile and outside if you have any useful tips to minimize contamination.....

thanks

you can be smart and go to your customers home and us there garage and tint ..... and never have to tint outside again ...... if i have to go mobile i always ask if they have a garage 80% of the poeple do. but a few don't but they have friends and family that do .....

thanks

For the times when a garage isn't an option, spray both sides of the film before you peel . It will knock down the static electricity and you will already have the other side ready to squeege.

The quicker you can get the film on the glass the better.

Co-worker says he wets the ground before he peels.

Not a bad idea, anything to knock down the dust. The first shop I worked at was enclosed on 3 sides and had a canopy overhead , we turned out about 15 cars a day . As long as the wind did'nt pick up and we hosed the drive down they came out fine. Dust is the enemy

Pretty harsh criticism against a fellow tinter. We all start somewhere and try to better ourselves ... I have had some better installs out in the open than in a clients garage , we all know there are so many variables when it comes to the fine art of tinting that the only given is "Try for perfection" thats the best one can do.

I have yet to find the man, however exalted his station, who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under a spirit of approval than under a spirit of criticism.

Charles Schwab

Archived