Tinting Outside

i was in the dominican republic. almost all the tinters work outside. the lucky ones get a carport. these are the actual tint shops in the area. because of the heat and humidity, they have to keep the car running with the ac on. most cars have internal filters to de-dustify the car as it runs. what was most impressive is how they cut the pattern, peeled the back corner a little, put that in their mouth using the other hand to hold the other end of the film. with the free hand they opened the door, crawled in, shut the door and peeled the release sheet and hung it. i was astonished. came out nice. if you have to tint outside, there is a way to do it. call a haitian or dominican

Or a Floridian? :thumb

From whorlando.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GottaWearShades

Fair enough... I've tinted next to open bay doors at dealers and bodyshops. However, my cut-off for tinting conditions is I will not tint outside.

The floor in my shop is swept and squeegeed after every job. I run my fingers along dust points constantly to see how clean they are. There is nothing on the walls in my work area, except a cutting mirror and a flatscreen tv monitor. I wash the car outside, not in my shop.

I am only satisfied when I run my fingers on the floor and it's absolutley clean. My tint shop is like a laboratory... The results I produce are a direct consequence of the conditions I tint under.

I'll tint outside. No shame in my game. I have a couple of bodyshops I do work for that I get cleaner work by tinting outside then inside at their locations.

Not to mention exterior film. I'm pretty sure you are supose to put that stuff on outside.

Most people don't understand that it's ok to tint outside. You just would want to try it on a windy day. The wind is what normally would messup an outside tint job. :thumb

Guest GottaWearShades

You can always ask to use the spray booth or their detail area at bodyshops. The sanding/prep area is always my last choice. You do have options before deciding to tint outside.

Exterior tint is sort of a given, if you're going to shave hairs with my statement.

You can always ask to use the spray booth or their detail area at bodyshops. The sanding/prep area is always my last choice. You do have options before deciding to tint outside.

Exterior tint is sort of a given, if you're going to shave hairs with my statement.

really your comeback for that is to tint in a paintbooth. While a paintbooth is very well lite. I would still much rather tint outside then in a paintbooth being used to spray cars in. Next time you are around one. Run your finger on the floor and see how clean your finger comes back. I think you will find that a paintbooth is hardly a clean work space for window tinting.

I do have 1 body shop that I service that has a seperate cleanup bay. I can normally use it if need be. Most time I am only there for 1 window. No need for me to botther other people's work space if I can do just as good outside. :lol

Guest GottaWearShades

What? Modern downdraft spray booths have grates above water. There is ventilation for the aerosol spray. Spray booths may the cleanest place in a body shop.

You're arguing for the sake of some kind of response now. Seriously.

Archived