graphics guy with 1st time tint job

Guest Aardy54

Guest VOLTRON

Yea Steve, they are not similar at all! Graphics you look at and film you look through. There are many differences in the 2, installation is alot different and then heat shrinking the back glass will be a motherfreedom. You can certainly try it, but I think you might find it to be alot different then vinyl.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aardy54

Okay I get it - not the best car to start with, but would rather screw up on family member's car than a customers & got a whole roll so, if I fail 1st attempt, I got enough to go for it again. I want to learn and do, want to add a bit of diversity to the sign biz is all, probably won't be doing too many at all since there are dedicate tint and trim type shops in area, ut if a customer comes in and wants vehicle graphics and windows tinted same time, would like to be able to say "Yes, we can do that for you"

so beyond the newbie hazing ... any tips or tricks like do I need to remove the wing windws completely? do I need to remove the rear deck completely?

so beyond the newbie hazing ... any tips or tricks like do I need to remove the wing windws completely? do I need to remove the rear deck completely?

Don't need to remove but might get better(cleaner) results for a first timer.

Remember shrink towards the factory edge.

well finally got to take a stab at it - both pop-out windows and both door windows went slick, nary a problem, no creases, no bubbles, 1 tiny corner on pass door window trimmed a tiny bit much and theres about a 1/16" slice of untinted glass about 3/4" long down by the mirror - cant notice it unless you look for it. Did those about 2 weeks ago, went great felt like today was day to tackle back glass. read up, watched some diff vids on heat shrinking - went out to give it a stab .... after 12ft linear or so of 40" wide 20% in trash - anyone in the mid-ohio valley area wanna make a few bucks cuz boy howdy my stress level is toast.

Archived