graphics guy with 1st time tint job

Guest Aardy54

:thumb

Welcome to the jungle!

Well, I can look at it as a learning experience I guess - when I first started doing vinyl graphics, a few yards of vinyl got chunked in the trash til I got better, so guess this is my lumps. Everyone has to have their first back glass experience, whether good or "what the freak was I thinking" or "oh hell I quit" - mine was not pleasant and not pretty, but after I get a chance to re-group, think I'll take another stab at it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did similar, going from graphics background to tint. Its definitely a learning experience, but shouldn't be hard, like if your not artistic at all. I find that the attention to detail and patience that is needed in the graphics/sign industry is a complimenting skill set in the window tinting business. While it would be great to just be born as a pro, I have not seen that yet, so you will probably have to learn as you go. I find that even though I would like to rocket myself through the job to feel like I'm doing something, it works so much better to slow down and focus on getting a clean install. Im not a mucho experience guy here by any means, but I can definitely relate to where your coming from and where you want to go.

Good luck

:cool

Welcome to the jungle!

Well, I can look at it as a learning experience I guess - when I first started doing vinyl graphics, a few yards of vinyl got chunked in the trash til I got better, so guess this is my lumps. Everyone has to have their first back glass experience, whether good or "what the freak was I thinking" or "oh hell I quit" - mine was not pleasant and not pretty, but after I get a chance to re-group, think I'll take another stab at it.

It wont be just your first b/g you will have problems with....it will be your second...and third....and forth.....etc. :dunno

Just watch your reputation.

ifyou do quality sighn work and start throwing tint jobs in there. Customer may love the vinyl or wrap but pick apart the tint quality. May hurt more than help. And if your cutting anything at the sighn shop (ie. Substrates) there a large likely hood for contaminants in tint.

just watch the quality with your freinds cars before you jump onto the tinting bandwagon

well, took rear deck out, trying to figure out how the back seat upright comes out and will probably pop off all interior trim around window leaving only the gasket and stupid rear defroster to work around. Good thing it's a family member's car and I can remove parts as needed when time permits and no griping about it (much lol)

I'll get this damn bg right even if it takes me going through a whole 100ft roll or losing my sanity :dunno

Archived