being a nice guy (for once)

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

had a girl call me yesterday, standing outside the bay of one of my competitors, (about 50 miles away) wanting some advice. the guy was working on her grand am and she didn't like the way the dot matrix looked. she said that he told her that's the way it was going to look, there wasn't anything he could do. and she wanted to know what I thought.

NOW, most of you have grasped the concept that I'm pretty much of an @$$%ole. I contimplated what I wanted to say, and decided (for some odd reason) to be nice. I told her he was partially right. there wasn't much that could be done. and she asked if I redid it, would it look better. I told her probably not, not to her satisfaction anyway. I told her it could have vinyl put over it and it looks better, but depending on how picky she was, she may not like that either. I told her to bring it to me and I would look at it and give her some options. after I hang up, I can't believe how nice I was. I should have told her it was her problem and take it up with him. I wanted to say so bad "WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME? you should have brought it to me first and you wouldn't be having this problem."

she shows up today, with an average tint job at best, done in llumar jet. I asked her what she paid and she said $135.00. I just started laughing. I was thinking now is a good time to be a REAL dick, but I didn't. she shows me how the dot matrix is "just awful", (it was normal), and wants it to look like the rest. she also shows me where it was cut on the inside at the top of the matrix (where it doesn't show) how one side is about 1/4 inch from the edge of the glass on one side, and 1/2 from the edge of the glass on the other side. (not a good explanation, just imagine a straight cut, and tilt it down a little on one side)

so I'm listening to her and looking at the glass and notice all this crap in the film, very dirty job for a brand new car. I said "I an't believe you griped about all that, but never griped about all the dirt in the film." she looks at it and says "hmm." then I show her the 2 inch crease in the drivers door, the crooked legal sticker, the large eraser size BUBBLE in one of the 1/4 glasses, the bottom edge of the tint on the rear drivers door that's not even pushed under the gasket, which will pull the film off as soon as she rolls it down, (which I fixed for her), and ALL the dirt, felt, and other crap scattered everywhere in the film. SHE HAD NEVER EVEN NOTICED ANY OF IT. she said in a real sad voice "well I don't want to redo it, I've already spent a fortune on it." I said, "yeah, you did. $135 for this job, and crap 3 year film is alot."

she wanted me to do the vinyl on the matrix, so I did.

if you look real close at the picture, you can see some of the crap in the film, right above the parking sticker.

vinyl.JPG

she LOVED it. she said I was "the greatest" and from now on will bring me everything and tell everone she knows to come to me.

MORAL TO THE STORY;

be a dick, and get nothing. be nice, get an extra $50 for a few minutes work, some good word of mouth advertisement, and make someone's day.

NOW FOR THE BITCHING. after everything is finished, she's paid, and about to leave, she says "my friend was going to have hers done at that same place, but now I'll send her to you, your closer anyway." I said "where is she from?" she said crockett. (a town about 15 miles from here.) I said "where are you from?" she said "oh I just live right down the road, about 6 miles."

f*****g b***h, f*****g b***h, f*****g b***h. should have charged her double. drove 100 miles round trip and saved a whole $20.00, could have had llumastar with a lifetime warranty, and HELL of a better job. some people just f*****g AMAZE ME.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

HAHAHAHAHHA :dunno:ford:lol :lol :dunno:ford:lol :lol :dunno

TTS, dude...withthat story..please let me buy you a beer if you make it to SEMA! :ford:lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I was actually reading the whole story fast to see if it had a P**n theme to it. Like she was so greatful for your advice and help that she wanted to pay you "extra". :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

By the way TTS, I'm looking through the film and at the wall of that back window....and the stuff looks purple already!!!!!!!!

Guest thetintshop

well, she was fine as hell, had long tan legs like a mother fugger, ample biznoobies and about 19 years old. but I didn't see how it would fit into the story.

Archived