Privacy tint?

Went to give a quote today on one bathroom window and one door and I'm not sure exactly what would be the best for this customer. The window in the bathroom is right above a bath tub and past that are the sinks. The customer from what I interpeted really wants something for privacy and at the same time knocks down on some of the sun and of course the heat. The problem is is that this window faces a curve in the road and when coming around it you can see straight into it. So my main concern is the night issue if I tint it of course at night you will still be able to see straight in. The window is double paned and 43"x43". Any help would be nice btw I am using suntek.

Guest arcwindowtinting
Went to give a quote today on one bathroom window and one door and I'm not sure exactly what would be the best for this customer. The window in the bathroom is right above a bath tub and past that are the sinks. The customer from what I interpeted really wants something for privacy and at the same time knocks down on some of the sun and of course the heat. The problem is is that this window faces a curve in the road and when coming around it you can see straight into it. So my main concern is the night issue if I tint it of course at night you will still be able to see straight in. The window is double paned and 43"x43". Any help would be nice btw I am using suntek.

Frost it!!!!!!!

if he wants to see out then he will need blinds and film. Blinds for night time and film for heat rejection during the day

I told him that was probably going to be the case. I just recommended syds 40 and then hang some blinds. Its just hard to sale a customer on the tint and then tell them they still have to hang blinds. He said he was cool with it either way but he really just wanted some film up there. It's hard to work miracles.

if he wants to see out then he will need blinds and film. Blinds for night time and film for heat rejection during the day

I told him that was probably going to be the case. I just recommended syds 40 and then hang some blinds. Its just hard to sale a customer on the tint and then tell them they still have to hang blinds. He said he was cool with it either way but he really just wanted some film up there. It's hard to work miracles.

Why not? They do two completely different things.

If the end user wants daytime privacy window film is a great solution that also preserves views. There is no product that can achieve what they want at night time. It is scientifically impossible, this is why in my opinion window film is a complementary product to blinds/curtains/shutters etc...

A lot of it is about perspective, if you sell like its going to hurt the sale then that is what the end user will get from the presentation.

Also, SYDS 40 might not get them that privacy they want during daytime hours. Perhaps 15?

Guest ptownstint

Frost it!!!!!!!

:lol

If the end user wants daytime privacy window film is a great solution that also preserves views. There is no product that can achieve what they want at night time. It is scientifically impossible, this is why in my opinion window film is a complementary product to blinds/curtains/shutters etc...

A lot of it is about perspective, if you sell like its going to hurt the sale then that is what the end user will get from the presentation.

Also, SYDS 40 might not get them that privacy they want during daytime hours. Perhaps 15?

Your preaching to the choir brother. He said either way he wants them tinted now your going to have to excuse me because I am mainly an auto guy with just a little experience on flat glass. I reall enjoy this work and want to expand. That being said when I was trained the guy told me that with flat glass if it was double paned you couldn't go below 40% unless it was bronze. I guess that is not the case :dunno. If so then my options just opened up alot.

Your preaching to the choir brother. He said either way he wants them tinted now your going to have to excuse me because I am mainly an auto guy with just a little experience on flat glass. I reall enjoy this work and want to expand. That being said when I was trained the guy told me that with flat glass if it was double paned you couldn't go below 40% unless it was bronze. I guess that is not the case :bat. If so then my options just opened up alot.

Talk to your sales rep, time to get trained up on flat glass. Also the IWFA has a great handbook that is a good introduction to flat glass window film and glass breakage. I highly suggest getting a copy.

Archived