suggestions for reducing reflectivity outside looking in?

Guest RobOnTheCape

I don't think there is a film on the market that does that.

Hi M.E.B.,

You're correct. The application of a traditional solar control film will increase net surface reflectivity so the problem will get worse, not better. To understand this, just look at any data table comparing VLRe with film vs. clear glass.

To control this problem, the glass must be shaded externally (an awning can help in some cases).

-Howard

Howard, are you sure....?

if you have a suggestion i'd love to hear it. i am one who happens to believe what howard and malcolm have said. so if you've got something that tackles this issue please fill us in.

I found this company: here and the rep said it will greatly reduce glare, applied from the outside, one year manu warranty, and ordering a roll at almost 40" x 33' it is about $2625.00, or about $24 psf(small discount to be a dealer). They are sending a sample once the revisions to the film have been completed and more arrives. I see a lot of holes in this one, but I'll get a sample and see. Anyone else heard of them? Used this film?

From the website's before and after photos I suppose I see some reduction, but nothing as dramatic as the price would demand.

At that price you could almost replace the glass , tint with low reflective film.

Archived