How many are too many options?

Guest jcoe

Guest scottydosnntkno

don't you offer good better best jeff? I know you're not installing PP on every car, so you at least have ATC/R and PP, thats two options?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think using one brand of film and offering your customers 3 options is a great formula. The "good, better, best" option works in many sales situations. Offers the customer some choice without confusing them and keeps your inventory managed. :facepalm2

I like that idea thanks. Do you think the distance of the distributor, or the mailtime should be a factor in deciding which film to select?

-Cool

Do you think the distance of the distributor, or the mailtime should be a factor in deciding which film to select?

-Cool

As long as the shipping time is not too lengthy, I think support from your distributor is one of the most important things. You obviously want a quality film, but after that, you want to deal with someone that will educate you and your staff on the product to help them install/sell it, have the inventory available when you need it, keep you informed of changes, help you with marketing/merchandising, etc. Support from your supplier should weigh into your decision more than shipping time assuming the shipping time is not over say 3 days. :beer

Guest Kathleen
I think using one brand of film and offering your customers 3 options is a great formula. The "good, better, best" option works in many sales situations. Offers the customer some choice without confusing them and keeps your inventory managed. :thumb

:sm

Guest MaXPro Films

Start off with 3 shades, a Limo (5%)/ Dark (15-20%)/ and Medium (35%)/

If you get customers asking for Lighter or Darker then change/add to your VLT's a little.

As for carrying multiple lines of Film it's more about your market..

To Start pick a Lifetime Color Stable Film that shrinks nice and looks good.

Do you have a market for HP/Metalized films? or Ceramics?

Then maybe you should think about carrying a couple lines for the customers that want more options..

Hope that helps, ,

I've heard time and time again no more than "3 options." I believe there is a lot of truth to that.

soooo does that mean 3 VLT's or 3 types of films? or Both?

Guest scottydosnntkno
I've heard time and time again no more than "3 options." I believe there is a lot of truth to that.

3 types of film. Good, better, best approach.

Some shops also carry a high end film like wincos or air80 or something similar as well. Your typical G/B/B setup would be either 3yr dyed/lifetime dyed/HP or lifetime dyed/HP/Full Metal or Ceramic, and then you could do a high end IR film for the really high end custys.

1) Usually you can nail down what VLT is right for your customer so in that case show 3 different film technologies in the same VLT.

2) If you can't decide what VLT they need then show 3 different VLT's of the same film technology then repeat step #1.

Archived