2010 Vette Grand Sport

finishlineautosports

Got a 2010 Vette GS coming in today, not worried about doors, I use soap method to shrink the film, what is the best way to anchor these as I seen someone memtion a U instead of an H?

The last Vette I did, was a 98 and I put a horizontal across glass, then along the bottom on the sides like an H and think that may been part of the problem.

Also, do the dots need to be sanded or anything up top?

Lay the film on the BG big all the way around. I just anchor in the middle of the window towards the top. Let the rest just hang. I usually shrink the top half first. Sometimes lifting and pulling but not really necessary. It is easy to shrink high past the dots on these so I do just in case I mess up a little on the bottom and have to move it. The bottom I just lift and pull and just keep working down. It may seem like yoyu are shrinking sideways and against the grain but it will work. I don't sand dots. Doors are easy like you said(now they are at least)

GODDAMN piece of shiat Vette! Got the side windows fine but she is bringing it back in two weeks as she is going on vacation.

Everytime I start to shrink the bottom half, it keeps focking creasing on me where it curves over. I also tried starting down lower on the window, got the bottom shrunk but then it created so much extra up top, creased it before I could make it up there.

I am so pi$$ed.

GODDAMN piece of shiat Vette! Got the side windows fine but she is bringing it back in two weeks as she is going on vacation.

Everytime I start to shrink the bottom half, it keeps focking creasing on me where it curves over. I also tried starting down lower on the window, got the bottom shrunk but then it created so much extra up top, creased it before I could make it up there.

I am so pi$$ed.

I'd do it how larry does it. http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64546

I am so pi$$ed.

I'd do it how larry does it. http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64546

Dang it! I have been looking for this pic for the past half hour. Thanks loy.

Archived