Renaming tint..

Guest nickthetinter

There was a very good article on this topic in a recent issue of Window Film Magazine.

Whether or not is makes sense for you to "go private" depends upon a multitude of factors. First of all, there are definitely costs involved so it may not make sense unless the volume is there. There also has to be a plan for making it work, over and above the novelty of it.

It's a complicated topic, but one that we have a lot of experience with here. I would be happy to discuss it with anyone who is considering it, without any cost or obligation as far as using EWF as your supplier.

Finally, there was some mention about this being either devious, dubious, illegal, unethical or just plain not above board. Private branding can be found in everything from prescription drugs to tires and dishwashers. You might want to read the article in WF Mag. They did a good job on it.

-Howard

Howard, this topic has gone around this board in one form or another 100x. For the first 5-7 years I was in business, I thought I somehow added value to my business by touting brand name film....I now wish I had spent those years focused on growing a brand of my own. In this day and business climate, It is ever more likely that it will be something else in the not to distant future. Those who sign up for "premium" programs will find themselves at the mercy of new management, that have a different agenda than the people they have replaced. Few installers in this business REALLY know what is in the box of film they use let alone where it ACTUALLY came from. My advice is to use a supplier you trust, a film you like, and by all means, Ditch the brand names and promote your own.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a print that i had ordered online. I wish i had an original. i have met all the guys from Tool (thats more why im an Alex fan) for whatever reason my order got lost and he felt bad so he signed one and mailed it out. lucky situation i guess. I looked up that Ayahuasca...doesnt surprise me, hes a weird dude. I hear he buys it and puts his own label on it to brand himself.

Mike, that is a very intelligent thought. It is absolutely more about the image that your business carries than the actual product for the most part. If we look at something like Active Green and Ross who is a franchise here in Canada, they promote their brand for the services centre that they operate. Yet, at the same time they also carry reputable brands of tires etc. From Goodyear, firestone and the like.

I guess the important message here is how important it is to brand YOURSELF and YOUR COMPANY image. If you can successfully accomplish this, it will matter less to the customer if you switch suppliers and carry a new line. Your brand has become the trust and if you trust your supplier, the clients will as well.

its a print that i had ordered online. I wish i had an original. i have met all the guys from Tool (thats more why im an Alex fan) for whatever reason my order got lost and he felt bad so he signed one and mailed it out. lucky situation i guess. I looked up that Ayahuasca...doesnt surprise me, hes a weird dude. I hear he buys it and puts his own label on it to brand himself.

LMAO!!! if you have a hook up send some my way. Can't make it to the brazialian jungle to buy direct from the manufacturer...

Mike, that is a very intelligent thought. It is absolutely more about the image that your business carries than the actual product for the most part. If we look at something like Active Green and Ross who is a franchise here in Canada, they promote their brand for the services centre that they operate. Yet, at the same time they also carry reputable brands of tires etc. From Goodyear, firestone and the like.

I guess the important message here is how important it is to brand YOURSELF and YOUR COMPANY image. If you can successfully accomplish this, it will matter less to the customer if you switch suppliers and carry a new line. Your brand has become the trust and if you trust your supplier, the clients will as well.

mcdonalds not as big as they are because of whats in the box

They are as big as they are because they are cheap, build stores in areas they know have a certain demographic that works for the line of food they sell and market to the masses instead of the one in a hundred .

mcdonalds not as big as they are because of whats in the box

i just dont get why youd need to mask the product your using to give your company a brand, one really has nothing to do with the other. there has to be some other gain, what is there to hide. if you have happy customers all they need to know (or will remember) is that mike @ sdtint knows his stuff and i trust my vehicle there...no?

Why would you promote someone elses business if you are not being rewarded by it? Let's say your house film is ST . There is likely 10 more ST dealers in your area selling the same thing, the only thing you have to separate yourself from them is price and service. If you have your own brand you have another angle. That is only one reason, there are many others.

I only promote my business. how do you get them to believe that your unknown brand is better the the 10 other dealers carrying the same thing. those other 10 dealers are telling their potential customers that they carry brand ST because its the best. they call you and you say OOh you dont want that with all the problems that company has had in the past...that customer then says well i was either lied to by 10 other companies OR of the 11 people i talked to today this 1 was the only one telling the truth. the odds are against you my friend.

Archived