Renaming tint..

Guest nickthetinter

Most people will get between 3-5 prices on a blind item purchase, not 10. If your competition is selling oranges, than you should sell apples. If you sell oranges too, than the odds are stacked against you my friend.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With some people service has added value they are willing to pay for, I'm going to guess that # is 10-15% of buyers, there is also a small segment of people who think that if they pay through the nose for something, than they somehow or another are better than the little people. Probably 2-4% of buyers. Then there are the masses..... The leading driver in the decision to purchase is price. If you are selling the same thing as the guy next door. Well you can do the math and decide where your market is

i guess my market is the people that want great quality at a value. to be honest i think thats most everyones market. tools like yelp prove that people will research for the business with the strongest reputation THEN i believe consider price. again i think that people are more looking to spend their money wisely and tools like the internet make that possible. 15 years ago id totally agree with you but now the majority or our customers have at least some general knowledge of what their getting before they walk in the door because of the internet as an endless information resource. if not they rely on the company they chose, because of their reputation, to make the decisions for them.

times of getting anything past customers is over. ive heard of some guys do the same thing with PPF and have never got a clear answer why. i think they do it to dodge the bad rep some PPF brands have built up. but in the end its still like trying to get one past the customer. who knows. thanks for the back and forth. :beer

Guest WKAindustrial

There was a very good article on this topic in a recent issue of Window Film Magazine.

Whether or not is makes sense for you to "go private" depends upon a multitude of factors. First of all, there are definitely costs involved so it may not make sense unless the volume is there. There also has to be a plan for making it work, over and above the novelty of it.

It's a complicated topic, but one that we have a lot of experience with here. I would be happy to discuss it with anyone who is considering it, without any cost or obligation as far as using EWF as your supplier.

Finally, there was some mention about this being either devious, dubious, illegal, unethical or just plain not above board. Private branding can be found in everything from prescription drugs to tires and dishwashers. You might want to read the article in WF Mag. They did a good job on it.

-Howard

Howard, this topic has gone around this board in one form or another 100x. For the first 5-7 years I was in business, I thought I somehow added value to my business by touting brand name film....I now wish I had spent those years focused on growing a brand of my own. In this day and business climate, It is ever more likely that it will be something else in the not to distant future. Those who sign up for "premium" programs will find themselves at the mercy of new management, that have a different agenda than the people they have replaced. Few installers in this business REALLY know what is in the box of film they use let alone where it ACTUALLY came from. My advice is to use a supplier you trust, a film you like, and by all means, Ditch the brand names and promote your own.

:thumb

Archived