How bad is a Cayman S?

A friend picked one up this weekend and we are in talks of some tint and maybe PPF if I am feeling up to it. My only caveat is that it's rated 5/5 on Precision cut. The film will be XPEL Ultimate. The 5/5 has me a bit worried, but some of my BMW was rated high and was no issue.

i have never done a cayman s, but assuming its like most porches and the ones i have done it just requires a good stretch

if you have two people it wont be bad, also depends i think there is a 1 piece and a 2 piece for that car? the one piece just requires stretch vertically and horizontally at the same time so two more hands helps

definitely not the easiest car, i would rate it up there with a jaguar between those two i HATE doing them, but that's my personal preference, im sure you'll be fine.

don't know unless you try!

i have never done a cayman s, but assuming its like most porches and the ones i have done it just requires a good stretch

if you have two people it wont be bad, also depends i think there is a 1 piece and a 2 piece for that car? the one piece just requires stretch vertically and horizontally at the same time so two more hands helps

definitely not the easiest car, i would rate it up there with a jaguar between those two i HATE doing them, but that's my personal preference, im sure you'll be fine.

don't know unless you try!

P-Cut has 3 piece bumper, middle and 2 sides. I have done a 2007 XK8 in ClearShield with good success. I just did my neon like an house ago and it took about 1" of stretching on each side but came out great. I think I am going to buck up and give it a shot.

From one little thread with pics of what I put on my neon I have quotes that need to go out for a

c5 Z06

2010 Cobalt SS

2005 Ion

2003 Cobra

2006 Evolution

2011 F-150

Maybe I can land one or two of them.

You should get more then two :lol2

I just did a black 2012 Cayman S last week. Porsche is my main ppf account so I've done several. Since I don't know too many other cars I can only speak for the difficulty compared to the other porsches. The Cayman S isn't the most difficult of the Porsches. I think I remember seeing an installation video on youtube - search 'cayman ppf' to get an idea.

The bumper definitely took some stretching.

Hood and fenders - piece of cake

mirrors - I had to redo one of them the next morn but other than that not too hard.

Xpel's pattern on the 2012 Cayman S fits very well - better than previous years (I'm assuming they re-tooled it).

Archived