SPi Vision

Guest Nik Sandars@Bonwyke

Guest Smashy

Now that's something I wouldn't have thought of doing!!

Give it a whirl, you'll be amazed how much easier it is on harder lights and how much give you have without damaging the film. :thumb

Hope your well mate anyhow, haven't seen or spoke to ya for a few years, well since that training day at Niks lol.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Smashy

Been having a little play on the back lights of our Renault Scenic with my sample.

Two notes.

Don't be a smart arse and try doing it with your lights out, you have no way of holding them still whilst you peel and stretch the film. Just spent 1/2 an hour chasing mine round the dining room table.

Use a decent hot air gun with adjustable temp control. I have a cheap Ryobi one because it's all I could get here after my decent one died. It has two settings, Arctic cool and surface of the sun hot so I ended up either with a ridged film or a molten boiling mess. Add to that for some reason it doesn't give you full heat until it's been running for about 20 seconds and you have a recipe for trouble.

Eventually though I almost got there and it looks quite good. I am going to put the lights back in the car and do them again if the rain ever stops. Do you think this stuff would look good on an arc?

Actually I'm doing scenic lights tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how I get on using my method, they look easy enough compared to the old and new mini rear tail lights I did recently, they are a bit of a bugger especially the old ones. :lol

Guest Little Monkey

This headlight film isn't too bad although I wish it was a bit lighter. My only issue is that since I have started buying headlight film from Bonwyke, I have had sales calls from them trying to get my film business also. Annoying!

This headlight film isn't too bad although I wish it was a bit lighter. My only issue is that since I have started buying headlight film from Bonwyke, I have had sales calls from them trying to get my film business also. Annoying!

the same email over and over again gets anoying and still cant get over a particular phone call

Guest TintingTom

the same email over and over again gets anoying and still cant get over a particular phone call

Who called you????

Who called you????

I rang them when spi first came out...put it this way I wasnt spoken to as a potential customer...

Guest TintingTom

Who called you????

I rang them when spi first came out...put it this way I wasnt spoken to as a potential customer...

where they rude to you?

Guest Little Monkey

Surely you should be able to buy one product from Bonwyke without them trying to put pressure on us to buy other products also. I can see why they took on Spi, it must be a good way of getting customers from other film suppliers and growing their customer list!!!!

I wish there was a decent headlight film from somebody else...but there isn't :conspiracy

Guest splat

I agree! Freedom to shop around and buy from more than one supplier. Just wish their Spi Vision product was a bit lighter (and therefore safer) and we could buy it without becoming a Bonwyke telesales target.........

Archived