SPi Vision

Guest Nik Sandars@Bonwyke

Guest Nik Sandars@Bonwyke

Fabio,

thanks for the post....let me put things right on TD. I will call you later.

Spi-Vision is a high quality gloss cast perforated vinyl designed to mould easily with only a small amount of heat. It hi pressure resin adhesive doesn't melt so it does not lose its grip. we do sell Spi-Vision by the metre as per my post on 9th April. We would never refuse a customer who just wanted 1m so that's just not right. We do point out that the courier charge is the same if you want 1m or 5m or even 15m at our competitive standard next day delivery charge of £12.00. So in effect if you bought 5m it would cost £99.50+vat inc delivery. If you bought 5 x 1m this would be £29.50+vat inc delivery, a total of £147.50+vat. A saving of £48.

So buying 5m of Spi-Vision on average to do 10 pairs of lights, giving a retail value of £500+vat, paying £99.50 gives you a great profit level even after labour.

Our extended tool range prices are actually competitive overall. There are always going to be certain items more expensive than the same from an alternative supplier, but those every day items tend to be cheaper. I am sure we are not 6 times more expensive that is a fact.

Sorry you wont be Bonwyke-ing, wish you well

Nik

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crossy67

Been having a little play on the back lights of our Renault Scenic with my sample.

Two notes.

Don't be a smart arse and try doing it with your lights out, you have no way of holding them still whilst you peel and stretch the film. Just spent 1/2 an hour chasing mine round the dining room table.

Use a decent hot air gun with adjustable temp control. I have a cheap Ryobi one because it's all I could get here after my decent one died. It has two settings, Arctic cool and surface of the sun hot so I ended up either with a ridged film or a molten boiling mess. Add to that for some reason it doesn't give you full heat until it's been running for about 20 seconds and you have a recipe for trouble.

Eventually though I almost got there and it looks quite good. I am going to put the lights back in the car and do them again if the rain ever stops. Do you think this stuff would look good on an arc?

Guest Malcolm E Boo

I fitted some of this to a car about 10 weeks ago, it maybe me but I saw it the other day and it looked like it had faded

Impossible

Guest matt5983

Must be your eyes I've had mine on for over 6 months and it's the same

must be me then, but another tinter saw it and also thought it looked "duller"

Guest matt5983

I fitted some of this to a car about 10 weeks ago, it maybe me but I saw it the other day and it looked like it had faded

Impossible

nothing is impossible

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Impossible

nothing is impossible

Wolves winning the Premiership this season is.

SpiVision has been specially designed not to fade.

Archived