SPi Vision

Guest Nik Sandars@Bonwyke

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crete

civics are easy, harder cars out there

Well I got it done first attempt :D....... But I wouldn't call it easy.

What are these other hard cars then, I would like to see what this stuff can do ?

Guest Crete

Also I was thinking guys, this spi vision apparently can have issues with lights when they are on full beam with heat..... But I have been thinking that I don't think that will b a problem as because when your driving the wind cools your headlights down massively anyway and you would really only use your lights at night in which case the temperature also would b cooler. I suppose if your parked in a garage with your full beam on then maybe( but why would you do that).

Just a thought

Guest tint325i

it has issues on dipped beam also, I put it on my van headlights a month or 2 ago and had to stop at the side of the road and rip it off, couldnt see a thing at night with it, once out of town it was like having no headlights at all, I have experimented with both halogens and HIDs, not impressed at all with either, I've had it on my tail lights for ages now and this really made me worry about how much this is reducing the light output, I certainly wont be doing anymore headlights with it, shame because it looked pretty good

Guest walestint

it has issues on dipped beam also, I put it on my van headlights a month or 2 ago and had to stop at the side of the road and rip it off, couldnt see a thing at night with it, once out of town it was like having no headlights at all, I have experimented with both halogens and HIDs, not impressed at all with either, I've had it on my tail lights for ages now and this really made me worry about how much this is reducing the light output, I certainly wont be doing anymore headlights with it, shame because it looked pretty good

so what is the score with the stuff then, it is sold for this purpose so if it is not fit for purpose why is it being sold?

I have installed some from bonwyke - it is a legitimate product??????

Guest tint325i

I think its recommended for tail lights only, realistically anything u put on the lense of a lamp is going to reduce the light output by some degree,

Guest Crete

I spoke to nik sanders and he said it is about 10-15% reduction in light output, It is selling really well down here at the moment ( more so than window tint ) so I can't afford to not do it.

I haven't had any complaints so far as soon as I tell them it's mot legal they don't give a fook then, I'll do my car on the weekend and see how bad it is.

Ive been told its around 15% give or take a little for bulb quality etc.....done a few recently....and now buying from bonwyke as they are cheaper it was me thinking flea bay and bonwyke were same sizes...oops....anyway on wards and upwards...

Guest tint325i

if its 10-15% then its the 10-15% that you need to actually see, dont take my word for it, try it on your own vehicles, put some on your headlights and drive out into the countryside at night, it was almost like having no lights on at all, stopped and ripped it off and it was back to normal, I have lost all confidence in it after this experiment and wont be fitting any more to headlights

Guest TintingTom

I can report the same too!! I fitted on my Merc and it was like driving with Sunglasses on :blind

I also think could be an issue with fog lights...

Archived