Staticky film!!

Due to alot of positive feedbacks I went back and ordered a roll of a certain brand I used and had a hard time with..Thinking I must've been doing something wrong..It took me my 3rd attempt just to shrink an easy as hell 2010 Camry!! it just kept clinging to the glass I powedered then I soaped it..No Luck!! Then I bounce dryer sheets the glass since that's it's main purpose anti static and anti clinging!!still it clung on to the glass finally I turned on the car heater and defrosters to heat it the window and hope it'll help float it a bit then I overloaded with powder..I got it down but It was like back in the old days of wet shrinking and dividing fingers..Since there are so many positive feedbacks on this film brand I figured the problem is me..QDP is still my fave film but I might missing out on another good brand because of something done the wrong way..I almost feel like unrolling it on table and dryer sheet it before I place it on vehicle.Lol!! But it does look great on the doors but anyhelp with the clingy's!! Thanks!! P.S tomorrow is the one day I scheduled to check up the side fingers I layed down after putting up a fight with them!!! I will QDP the back if I have to!! 85 plus feet of tint left and 1 back window like my rookie years!!

You know you have to let soap or dryer sheets dry correct? I guess i dont understand

The film comes out of the box with so much static..It clings to the window no matter what method I try..And yes the soap is dry etc..But there are a few positive feed backs about the film. I just don't see the great feedback about a film that makes it harder on the installer..And before anyone bashes my shrink skills I learned from the school of hard knocks..plus A few helpful Vets I've met in person and especially on this great site.. Thanks to them I can knock out beetles,2 dr Sebrings,and 90's eclipse from bottom to top and no cutting at the matrix or touching the film either while shrinking..!!

Well i see your in washington, probably geting cold there. if you got you heat on the air is probably dry and the cars are cold. Lack of humidity will increase the static problem. also heat is attracted to cold. flush your toilet in the summer and you get condensation on the tank? cold water humid air condess. start the car and turn the heat on high with the recirculation button on. this will de-dustify the car and heat the windows. also kick on the rear defrost. I am mobile and use powder. some days i have to wait for the powder to dry beofre i put the film on the rear window. and because my film is freezing after i put the film on the back window i have to wait a couple min for it to warm up or it will not float. It is much easier to shrink a hot back window then a cold one.

Well i see your in washington, probably geting cold there. if you got you heat on the air is probably dry and the cars are cold. Lack of humidity will increase the static problem. also heat is attracted to cold. flush your toilet in the summer and you get condensation on the tank? cold water humid air condess. start the car and turn the heat on high with the recirculation button on. this will de-dustify the car and heat the windows. also kick on the rear defrost. I am mobile and use powder. some days i have to wait for the powder to dry beofre i put the film on the rear window. and because my film is freezing after i put the film on the back window i have to wait a couple min for it to warm up or it will not float. It is much easier to shrink a hot back window then a cold one.

Makes alot of sense and thanks for advise..3rd try with car heater was better then the first 2 attempts..I thought about the defrosters on but for some reason I feared a horror glass breaking story..Heat comming from both sides of the window and no escape..Thanks for the help and I knew the film didn't get so many positives for nothing..

Archived