Random chat

Ok....enoof smiley convos.....here is a topic....what do you think?

I was listening to a radio program the other day. n one European country, only 3% of monetary transactions are done with actual "cash". The other 97% are done electronically. They were discussing how that one country is considering eliminating actual "cash" altogether. There is discussion of a new way of dealing with "small transactions" in Canada by means of some electronic card(?! :dunno) that would eliminate the need for change and small bills.

What do you think of moving to a strictly electronic monetary system?

Discuss. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok....enoof smiley convos.....here is a topic....what do you think?

I was listening to a radio program the other day. n one European country, only 3% of monetary transactions are done with actual "cash". The other 97% are done electronically. They were discussing how that one country is considering eliminating actual "cash" altogether. There is discussion of a new way of dealing with "small transactions" in Canada by means of some electronic card(?! :dunno) that would eliminate the need for change and small bills.

What do you think of moving to a strictly electronic monetary system?

Discuss. :D

Wow that's a big move, but I guess it's inevitable really.

I can see governments pushing for it, it would pretty much eradicate tax evasion. :dunno

Wow, that would be the doom of all the worlds economies. They wouldn't even have to have thlimitations of the printing presses to devalue the fiat currency.

We live in a world that is accustomed to paying with plastic. It would be an easy change to introduce, most people wouldn't over think it.

Not very far off micro chipping when you think about it; anyone and everyone could be easily monitored.

Hello Balzy, long time no see :waving

Hey TeeDub, how are you this evening?

I really wish we could get away from the fiat currency ideal that allows the government to control the value of everything. Gold standard or bust.

I am getting better little by little.

There are a lot fewer problems with having the monetary system tied to physical assets. So many people here in the states are trying to blame high prices for gas and other goods on different things, but in reality it is the piss poor value of the dollar that is driving us under thanks to the continued printing of money that devalues what is out there.

That is because our government is full of people who have lost sight of what this country was founded on, and that goes to both of the political parties. We have only one hope and I am affraid our media is doing everything to downplay the real solution. The media is in bed with the system and does not want to see the real solution.

Archived