Need a bit of help with identifying installed Huper Optik film type.

I'm not a tinting professional - just an average joe consumer, but I hope to get some insight from some professionals that frequently work with Huper Optik films;

I was just very curious to see I was possibly deceived in what type of film was installed in my vehicle.

Well here's my story; A few years ago, I opted for some Huper Optik "Ceramic" 35 on my vehicle with a tan-colored interior. The heat reduction was truly amazing.

Fast forward, I sold the vehicle and got another, exactly the same except this time with a black / grey interior. It needed to be tinted so of course, I was almost set on going with Huper Optik again. However, this time my vehicle was tinted at another vendor. I was given samples of LLumar CTX 35 and Huper Optik 35 to look over and decide. (The installer pointed out the authenticity of the Huper Optik sample by the logo on the film.) I was already leaning toward the Huper Optik but just out of curiosity wanted to see the shade of Llumar's CTX line.

So anyway, I get back to the guy and asked if HO had anything a little darker. He says HO also made a 30% shade. I told him O.K, and that was that.

Now, because of the many factors influencing a PERCEIVED opinion on a particular window film's real-world performance, (interior color, exterior color, angle of sunlight / time of day, condition of A/C system, feeling like a prick, never got laid last night, etc.) I know that I might just be going crazy and my opinion could just be skewed somehow - but, for some reason I think the HO 35 I had previously outperforms the HO 30 I have now - by a quite a bit. How can that be?

I noticed a few things between the two shades I have though. The HO 35 film itself had a distinctive off-angle purple sheen to it. "Ghosting" was visible on the rear window where there was some extra shrinking involved. (and possibly a bit if rushing by the installer). The current HO 30 I have now though, looks a bit darker of course, but no purple reflection, and IIRC there was no ghosting on the rear hatch window, or anywhere.

With some research, the only thing I can think of is that the HO 35 I had previously was the "X-treme Multilayered Ceramic" line, and the HO 30 I have now is the "X-treme Optiks" line, which actually is available in 35%VLT (32% actual).

I think i'm confused as to what type of tint was actually installed. Does the Ceramic 30 have a purple sheen to it? Also what I don't understand is how the Xtreme Ceramic 30 is specified as having 11% VLR... It seems less than that. I had Suntek InfinityOP 10 and it was pretty dang shiny.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. I've just been pondering about this for a while. I keep telling myself "nahhh, it's probably just me.." but sometimes, it feels like the sun is burning my face more then it's supposed to. LOL.

Thank You.

-Dan

Hi Dan

The HO Ceramic 30 and the HO Energy Saver Ceramic are two different products. The Ceramic is less reflective, darker and has a multiply construction. The Energy Saver is single ply. The Ceramic 30 should not have a "purple" look. The difference in performance should be slight and as you said there are always other factors to consider like the interior color, exterior color, etc.

Where is VQ when there is a question instead of something to argue about :golf Just teasing don't need a argument

Stan,

You are a professional with 32 years of experience, why not act like one and answer this gentleman's question rather than make yet another derogatory comment about me? I still :dunno what your issue is with me? Like I said before what did I ever do to you?

I'm on vacation right now, if you are unable to provide this consumer with a sufficient answer I will be happy to assit when I return back to work next week. :thumb

-Cheers

It may be that the 35% previously installed was the Select Drei series and the 30% is their ceramic film (also available in a 20%). The Drei has slightly better heat rejection than the 30% Ceramic. The Select Drei has a higher material cost so typically the installed cost would be higher than the ceramic version.

Where is VQ when there is a question instead of something to argue about :golf Just teasing don't need a argument

Stan,

You are a professional with 32 years of experience, why not act like one and answer this gentleman's question rather than make yet another derogatory comment about me? I still :dunno what your issue is with me? Like I said before what did I ever do to you?

I'm on vacation right now, if you are unable to provide this consumer with a sufficient answer I will be happy to assit when I return back to work next week. :thumb

-Cheers

Well Rob I don't use the high price stuff you sell is the reason I didn't answer the question. Like I said in my post.... joke! Obviously you are just interested in arguing on the board. I see you took the time from your little vacation to attempt slamming me instead of answering the question. Does this mean that you don't take care of customers if you are on vacation? I have been out of the office for 14 days but have answered my phone or returned calls to take care of my customers the whole time.

I have nothing against you at all. In fact I have never spoke with you that I know of. I know you came to SEMA and said you would stop by the Global window film booth but instead of introducing yourself you stood and glared from the other side of the isle then came on here and made derogatory comments on the location of the Global booth. I sincerely apologize for the intended humorous comment. Sorry that you are unable to take any ribbing on a internet forum you take part of. If you walk like a duck and act like a duck people are going to think your are a duck! I suggest if you don't want to be known as someone who wants to stir the pot all the time ....... that you chill out.

You have a great day

Archived