Query Regarding Engraving On Frosted Film

Thought the best place to post this thread was in this section.

Ok scenario is a customer has asked can I look at their office, since I did a good job on their two office cars.

Its a couple of double glazed pvc windows and they want a frosted film,

Installing it is fine but they have mentioned having their company logo engraved/cut out on one of the windows.

Whats best way I could go about this.....

Thanks in advance.....

Sorted

Cheers mate answered a few questions I had.

What more do you want to know...........?

Hi mike

I didnt know who or where to get the customers logo engraved on some frosted film. Malcolm suggested best place is where I get my vinyl and graphics they will be able to get it cut on their plotter.

Sorted

Hi mike

I didnt know who or where to get the customers logo engraved on some frosted film. Malcolm suggested best place is where I get my vinyl and graphics they will be able to get it cut on their plotter.

I used to have to this done before we had our own plotter, here are a few things to consider.

If you have the film see if they will use it.

Request they hold off on applying the pre mask until you pick it up, so you can inspect it and then have them just pre mask were the film is cut out, most times they will pre mask the full pc of film.

When giving them the size of the piece of film and were to cut the logo out add 1" to each side and bottom so you have a little extra if the frame is not square.

Take a before and after pic so you start a portfolio to show other customers.

Sorted

Hi mike

I used to have to this done before we had our own plotter, here are a few things to consider.

If you have the film see if they will use it.

Request they hold off on applying the pre mask until you pick it up, so you can inspect it and then have them just pre mask were the film is cut out, most times they will pre mask the full pc of film.

When giving them the size of the piece of film and were to cut the logo out add 1" to each side and bottom so you have a little extra if the frame is not square.

Take a before and after pic so you start a portfolio to show other customers.

Thanks mike....

Ill certainly be taking notes in with me.... I guessing the first one I do will be a learning curve.

Thanks again mike

Archived