Ford Transit

Took a hard look at a couple Transits but went with regular sized vans.72" Film handler fits good in there?

I have a 60" stored under the platform I made. The 72"FH is longer than 72" and will not fit laying down unless you kiddie corner it. That is another modification I need to figure out. My 60 is always in the van because it is used the most. I only bring the 72 when I need it. So that is not a huge problem but it would be nice to have somewhere for it. Maybe just slide it between the seats.

I thought long and hard about getting one, but I thought it to be a necessity to have a bulkhead installed which would take up more room. I also thought about having a raised floor as well as a shelf that runs the length of the roof. Also, have you ever had to carry scaffold along with all your other gear? Maybe not too often, but I dont think its possible to do with a Transit. After all that, I realized the only benefit to the Transit is gas mileage. Even though an Astro is dated, it is such a better choice over the Transit, with more room, good mpg, and a powerful engine (that never quits).

Although I did end up getting a pickup, its only b/c it is very, very hard to find a nice Astro. Ford needs to build an XL version, extending it 2 ft, and put a dang turbo diesel in it as an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have this in writing so if it happens, they owe me a large commission, b/c they will sell 10 fold what they do currently.

I thought long and hard about getting one, but I thought it to be a necessity to have a bulkhead installed which would take up more room. I also thought about having a raised floor as well as a shelf that runs the length of the roof. Also, have you ever had to carry scaffold along with all your other gear? Maybe not too often, but I dont think its possible to do with a Transit. After all that, I realized the only benefit to the Transit is gas mileage. Even though an Astro is dated, it is such a better choice over the Transit, with more room, good mpg, and a powerful engine (that never quits).

Although I did end up getting a pickup, its only b/c it is very, very hard to find a nice Astro. Ford needs to build an XL version, extending it 2 ft, and put a dang turbo diesel in it as an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have this in writing so if it happens, they owe me a large commission, b/c they will sell 10 fold what they do currently.

No doubt it is not going to hold any scaffolding. I have another truck and trailer that we use when we need to move bigger gear. The transit is a everyday rig. I got my year end gas purchases and it made my decision pretty easy.

Guest jwill8957

I do hvac and they make stuff for vroof racks. U

You could put a roof rack on it and buy a box to put the film in. Theyre made for pipes

Archived