Ford Transit

My E250 was ready for replacement so I just got a new Transit Connect. I figured it would get 40% better mileage and be much easier to park in the city as well as parking garages. Now the downside..... This thing is small inside. Does anyone else use this type of van? How did you set up the cargo area for tools and film?

I did my windows last night and put white vinyl on the drivers rear side door, Im not real happy with the color match of the vinyl but the other windows came out great....Dayumn im good! I spent most of the day today building a raised floor and carpeting it. I think I would like to do another tier of shelving but need to figure out how to make it easily removable. Under the new floor I have room for a 6FT ladder, Film Handler and 2-72"rolls. I also need to figure out how to store water bottles so they are not rolling around all over the place.

What type of bottles do you use Tom?

I have about 12-15 Polly 2 sprayers, 6 trigger sprayers and 3- 2.5 gal battery sprayers. In the E250 I could hang most of them on the passenger side wall. In this there is just no room to do that.

:shock Wow, you've got quite the line-up, do you double as a fireman too? :lol6

Nah, I was gonna suggest hanging them but you do need wall space for that. I've been wanting to go down and look at those transits. I've seen them on the road and like the idea of a smaller install vehicle but it seems space may be limited. How much room do you have in the back? (LxWxH?)

:shock Wow, you've got quite the line-up, do you double as a fireman too? :lol6

Nah, I was gonna suggest hanging them but you do need wall space for that. I've been wanting to go down and look at those transits. I've seen them on the road and like the idea of a smaller install vehicle but it seems space may be limited. How much room do you have in the back? (LxWxH?)

it is 6 feet deep, the rear doors open up a bit more than 4 feet wide and it has a good ammt of height. I think im going to get the ladder holder that goes on the inside of the van and hang the ladder from the roof instead of on the floor, that will give me room for 4 more rolls of film.

Archived