3M 8Mil Security Film

Got to cut down some 3M Secuirty film from 60" x 100' roll.

Will a standard 3 inch "Roller Assembly" give enough clearance?

Film Handler's website indicate the following:

3 Inch "Film Roller Assembly - 3" pair This film roller assembly pair can be used with automotive, architectural and safety films, up to 7 mil."

6 Inch " Film Roller Assembly - 6" pair This film roller assembly pair can be used with thicker safety films, ranging from 10 to 14 mil.

Product #0856-6"

Anyone got by on the 3" Roller asembly?

Like these

http://filmhandler.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Products.Product_Details&Cat_Code=FHP&Catalog_Num=0856-3

8 mil will lay on the cutting heads until the first 10-15 feet can be wound off, which will score the film while unrolling.

You could try the following instead of investing in the high risers; buy a couple of washers to use between the two existing 3'' mount apparatus, reassemble, place risers in desired position and tighten as usual. Look it over to determine what size washer will serve the purpose. This will/should allow the needed clearance off the cutting head(s).

Ok, nice.

So I'm seeing lowering part and the fact that you cleaned/polished the casting too!

But the roller/guide is that a purchased tool or modified?

Thanks.

This part is not made anymore, here is a better pic to help you find somthing that would work for you.

cuttingheadroller.jpg

You could try this and lower the cutting head.

008-8-1-1.jpg

009-4-1-1.jpg

011-5-1.jpg

Nice Mike !!! Why didn't I think of that :evileye:lol , I made an extension for the roller holder which worked good but the spacer idea would have saved some time. Do the stock allen heads work or did you replace them?

You could try this and lower the cutting head.

008-8-1-1.jpg

009-4-1-1.jpg

011-5-1.jpg

Nice Mike !!! Why didn't I think of that :evileye:lol , I made an extension for the roller holder which worked good but the spacer idea would have saved some time. Do the stock allen heads work or did you replace them?

You can use the same one......... :thumb

Archived