Dead Summer

anyone else experienced a slow summer ?

in sydney we have had sh!t weather most of summer only starting tog et hot days now and even then im only booking 1-2 cars max per day and maybe 1 flat glass quote per 2 weeks thats just quote !

any interstate tinters have any tips for me to get busier pm me if you like

It's probably been our most ordinary summer for years with especially NSW and Qld getting hit continually with wet semi tropical weather which has to affect sales.

QLD must be a basket case with all that cyclone and flood damage and to think I have a mate who moved up there from Melb to get to better weather. :lol

I've been very strong and worked right through the holiday break and as a result I'm off to Royal Davui in Fiji private island (caters for only 16 couples) in 3 weeks time for a bit of R and R.

Devil

yea we have been dead - quietest summer on record. spoken to a few suppliers and other stores, lots are shutting and going moblie.

I think its just retail/trade in general.. a test on the survival of the fittest so they say.

what doesnt help is cheaper tint being availble which is good but also is screwing the market cos the mobile tinters are doing cars for $140.. its a black cloud slowly spreading in the industry thru sydney, newcastle, gold coast and perth from the people ive spoken to. People dont see the value of paying $500 for tint when they hear about a friend of a friend getting it done so cheap elsewhere.

cant help u with getting busier but knowing most of us in the real world are about the same is comfort your not doing anything wrong.

just cut any unnecessary expenses and invest in advertising that you know works in your area.

People dont see the value of paying $500 for tint when they hear about a friend of a friend getting it done so cheap elsewhere.

But then again look at the extortion these new car motor dealers are charging (up to $950 for a BMW) and it all becomes relevant.

They are fair game in my book and I take no prisoners as the delear network owes me nothing and I owe them the same.

They're in my patch so no mercy shown here.

Devil

I'm surprised to hear this, this has been the best month for us in 2 years, for dealer and private work, plus we have had a smashing flat glass month, ........ buuuut that being said we have paid a butload in advertisement so we would want to have had a great month........... also we had our tint-a-thon and raised 4200 for the anti-cancer council I't's not good to hear about other tinters not doing well through our typically busiest time though...

It's probably been our most ordinary summer for years with especially NSW and Qld getting hit continually with wet semi tropical weather which has to affect sales.

QLD must be a basket case with all that cyclone and flood damage and to think I have a mate who moved up there from Melb to get to better weather. :lol

I've been very strong and worked right through the holiday break and as a result I'm off to Royal Davui in Fiji private island (caters for only 16 couples) in 3 weeks time for a bit of R and R.

Devil

" oh what a hard punishment for you dev. a ferrari and a private resort in fiji.." nah good work mate you have definitely earnt from what I here.....me I just keep working and employing people, we are branching out to surrounding towns next month to increase our flatglass . hopefully I'll be where you are in a few years (maybe more then a few)

Devil

" oh what a hard punishment for you dev. a ferrari and a private resort in fiji.." nah good work mate you have definitely earnt from what I here.....me I just keep working and employing people, we are branching out to surrounding towns next month to increase our flatglass . hopefully I'll be where you are in a few years (maybe more then a few)

Wait till I get the 458 and I'll take you for a ride. :drool

I was talking the guys @ johnsons and they say it's been not the best year for sales from that region....so sorry for those guys, losing business to competition is one thing but losing it to the weather and floods is just ridiculous.

Archived