2012 A7 "Amp Problem" too??

Carmeltinting.com

So the local dealer brings me a car 2 weeks ago for a well known race car driver. 2012 A7. Tinted it. Salesman came and picked it up. Everything was okay. One week later I get a call from the salesman that service says the "Amp is fried because of water that got into the amp while it was getting tinted". Salesman told me the radio was working fine when he picked it up. Service claims there is a Technical Service Bulletin on this model. ( I couldn't find one for the 2012 model year). Anyway, the Friday the salesman picked up the car we got hammered in Indiana with rain and tornadoes, then the following Monday the salesman calls me and says the amp is blown. Yeh, right.

Anyone else had this issue??

Edited by wetintcars.com

Yea this happened to us on a Audi a4 2010 few years back it had a B&O sound system it stoped working after we tinted it my Customer took it to Audi and they changed it under warrantee lucky would not of been cheap!!

Guest JERSEYTINTS

NO TRUE HAD A TINTED CAR COME TO OUR SHOP TO CHECK RADIO WAS TINTED ELSEWHERE A WEEK BEFORE AND IT STILL HAD WATER IN THE CHANNELS. IT WAS WINTER SO IT COULDVE BEEN SNOW MELTING OR TINTER SOAKED BACK GLASS TO MUCH....BUT WATER CAN STAY AND WITH DRIVING AND TURNING THE WATER CAN STILL F %&$# UP AND IT WAS 1600 FOR THE FIX. THANK GOD IT WASNT US THAT DID IT

I would find it highly unlikely that your tint job is the culprit to water in the amplifier. The amplifier on the Audi A7 is located on the drivers side trunk side panel, not the rear deck. So unless you were pre-shrinking with the trunk open and the trim panel removed it is virtually impossible for this to happen. Here is a picture showing the location of the amplifer.

post-30013-0-40900800-1378907291_thumb.j

I do bunch of audi's and thank God never had that happen to me... however, one time i had a problem with a driver door.. got wet and something got fried... and the result was, when you roll up driver window, passenger window roll down.. so on so forth.. guy said don't worry about it.. took care of it... :)   that was nice 

for the record.. rather not do AUDI's haha

post-30471-0-26330800-1415398631_thumb.j

post-30471-0-12461400-1415398640_thumb.j

post-30471-0-54398800-1415398660_thumb.j