2012 Tahoe 30% Suntek HP net

Hep

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Did the above mentioned Tahoe front roll downs with the window stating the usual "min 70% VTL" Metered it beforehand and got a 75% after the Suntek 30% HP metered at 27% short of legal, doh! Mathmetically all things being perfect should have netted a 22.5% which is close to the rear windows. Anyways my thinking is it would be a good idea to start thread of a specific vehicle/film used and net results. So those who don't have a meter or just want to know ahead of time or get just get an idea. Any thoughts? Please don't let this turn into a flaming off topic thread. It's a thought because the math and the variables do not always go as planned on paper.

Old thread, yes good idea; reading your post, was the Suntek a true 30? Not only is it possible that the 30 is lighter than 30, but I once read that their actual VLTs can vary by 3%.

Beside the point but I use Llumar ATC 20 on them which is actually 23 on clear glass; it looks awful close to a perfect match to me. But I think metered it would be darker than 20. Just today I was actually thinking about investing in a meter, some of the newer cars such as the Charger sure are dark out of the factory.

Archived