2012 VW Golf TSI

Guest tinta

Guest tinta

I got a brand new Golf to tint - I can get the rear passenger door trims off no worries but the rubber is jammed tight.

I can get the rubber off the front 2 doors without taking the trims off and can do the rear window no worries.

Has anyone ever had rubbers jammed on a Golf and any suggestions on getting it off?

I've broken a few tools trying to pry it off - have tried soapy water

my fingers are killing - as I try and pull it, the whole car lifts up its jammed that tight.

I tinted the same model a week ago and got the rubbers out easy.. not sure why this car is giving me grief.

Damn VWs.

I think you should pull the door panel off. Screw at the bottom and two torx bolts holding the panel on behind the handle then pop the plastic plugs that hold the panel to the door. The panel should then hinge on the seal at the base of the window. Be careful of the power window wire plug in and the tweeter wiring. I usually unplug them before I pull the panel up and off the seal. Then put a pry tool under the edge of the seal by the quarter window and pop up, move closer in and do it again then the seal should pry out.

hello all,,,,,, run into em every day dang rubber channels stuck on vw's ,,,,,,,,,,on the golfs rear doors first roll window down,,,,then ,,,,,

1. push up on the side of the door panel

2. then grab the panel from the top and peel it back

now the the rubber channel

I use a long panel popper and position it under the channel and push up slow and strong ,,,,,,,,,

be careful and it should start lifting up & out

really easy appx time 30 seconds..........and on to the next one,,,,,,,,,,

enjoy,,,,,

Archived