Max Pro window film

Guest just scotty

XMC Films Lumberton NC

Hmm....Lumberton.....enough for me to not buy it. Rough bunch down there....

MaXPro has their own manufacturer in Whiteville North Carolina.

Google it.

If it's on the internet then it must be true. lol

I know a very good source that has access to a factory in Florida that says your statement is very untrue as to where the film is made.

Also I do know one guy here in Crown Point that uses that film and IMO it is very green in color.

Isnt Jack sagar a part of that company and he was all about the Global. He was a distributor for global before he was MaxPro.just my $.02

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1TintGuy

XMC Films Lumberton NC

Google it.

If it's on the internet then it must be true. lol

I know a very good source that has access to a factory in Florida that says your statement is very untrue as to where the film is made.

Also I do know one guy here in Crown Point that uses that film and IMO it is very green in color.

Isnt Jack sagar a part of that company and he was all about the Global. He was a distributor for global before he was MaxPro.just my $.02

READ:

http://www.whiteville.com/news/maxpro-manufacturing-to-launch-in-columbus/article_11ca3b82-f2b3-11e1-9948-0019bb2963f4.html

Launching in May/June.

A handful of industry veterans behind this manufacturer.

Some ran sputtering machines at CP/Solutia, Some ran converters and laminators for Commonwealth.

Some started the IWFA years back.

96 gauge. Gen 3 color stable dyes. Will be having a few lines.

All will be certified Made In USA.

They know how to make film and have a considerable market share considering how young the company is.

Welcome to the forum 1tintguy.

Thank you SIr TintDude,

XMC Films Lumberton NC

Google it.

It is thought, XMC produces their film (at least until their site is operational in Whiteville).

Guest autotintjim

I've used a lot of films in my years of tinting. I like the way MaxPro shrinks and installs but I have cars coming back after only two years with bubbling back windows and turning purple.

i did a few R/R for some customers that went to a max pro installer's shop about 20 miles away. 2 years on the car and they were purple-ish on the inside, but still looked black from the outside. Granted, I am not sure what series the film was and really around here it could have been another film installed on the car and the shop told them it was maxpro. That happens a lot around here. freakin hax!

At our shop we use Formula1 film. But Maxpro sent us some samples so I gave it a try.

At my request they sent me their version of airblue 80 on a windshield. I found that it seemed to shrink easier than air blue but was thiner so I believe it will crease easier as well. I also noticed more static than what I would like to see. I did not seem to have any problems geting it to stick to glass and dried out rather quick. I told the woman she was a test subject for the product so I did it for Free. She loves it so far. Her comments to me after one week were "I love the glare reduction and I can definatly feel that its cooler. I would definatly buy this product again".

Well she was happy. I did notice a slight haze in the film but she said she did not mind it. The haze reminded me of Global's 70 ceramic.

So all in all It seems like a good film but time will be the true test.

Archived