How is the Llumar atc holding up?

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Been using LLumar for years. Never had a problem with fading of any of their films.

Ever use "Jet" ie. JT? :eyebrows

Not for a long time.

Never had a problem with that either.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo

If you used it once....you will have a problem with it IMO.

I had problems with it within 6 months.

That said I did only use it once as I hated the look of it.

Howard - that's actually no longer true. SunTek dyes films as well. Have you used their films in your testing?

Yes - we have included their films in each of our test runs. The film holds up very well.

I was aware that they had been working toward the ability to dye their own poly. That actually came to light during a legal proceeding against CP a few years ago. There were some constraints placed on them within the settlement. I never saw the details. The records may have been sealed upon the consent of both the parties.

If you are saying that this is in fact true and they are dying their own poly, I accept that. Good for them. I have nothing but respect for Sun-Tek and I have my hands full competing with them on a daily basis.

-Howard

Howard - that's actually no longer true. SunTek dyes films as well. Have you used their films in your testing?

Yes - we have included their films in each of our test runs. The film holds up very well.

I was aware that they had been working toward the ability to dye their own poly. That actually came to light during a legal proceeding against CP a few years ago. There were some constraints placed on them within the settlement. I never saw the details. The records may have been sealed upon the consent of both the parties.

If you are saying that this is in fact true and they are dying their own poly, I accept that. Good for them. I have nothing but respect for Sun-Tek and I have my hands full competing with them on a daily basis.

-Howard

Howard, this brings something up I've been thinking about.

Since Suntek doens't build their film from the ground up, like Global and llumar. Do you think they have control over improving their scrahtcoat?

Archived