What do you do about car battery?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a big roll-around charger, and I fire it up on 10 amps on any car and have never had a problem.

How about the chargers that plug into the cig lighter? Any good?

I haven't thought about that. I like that idea...

I have a big roll-around charger, and I fire it up on 10 amps on any car and have never had a problem.

I haven't thought about that. I like that idea...

At an electronics training session I attended a few years ago, the instructor talked about the 9 volt battery saver you plug into a cig lighter can cause unsafe spikes in current, and short out certain 6 volt operating systems found in some electronic modules found in almost every new car on the road. Never seen it happen first hand, but thats what I was told. :dunno

Guest crossy67

BMW, BMW, BMW. Almost every car I have ever flattened a battery on was a BMW. Even if I got one done quite quickly, like in 2 hours they still die. Great thread, it's reminded me of something else I need to buy.

Guest filmslayer

Can you suggest a make & model charger?

What about cars where the battery is well hidden (under a seat, in the trunk)? Are there alternative attachment points for the cables?

check with Sears , Craftsman and or Die Hard ...

yes normally , if not they're in the trunk ...

my guess would be no , not enough juice IMO ...

ours is a Snap-On that will do 6-12 volt at 2/20/200 amp . if your in a shop that does a lot of older cars I would suggest investing in a good one ...

Archived