06 bmw 525xi

Guest toeknee22

Guest toeknee22

hey guys just a quick question, hope some one can help soon. I tried searching first with no luck. I have a 06 bmw 525xi can some one tell me if there are screws behind the wood trim panel or window switches. neither one of those feel like they wanna pop out. this wood trim panel runs at an angle on the door panel as part of the grab handle, not the horizontal trim. I popped all the plastic clips but it feels like something is holding it up top. thanks in advance. :thumb

Guest toeknee22

thanks filmslayer, :thumb it def made a god awful pop noise when it came loose finally. had to sweet talk it while I was prying with trim tool. "come on baby I dont wanna buy a door panel" :blink thanks again man. thanks TD! love it!

Guest toeknee22

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, the loud pop I heard was the woodgrain trim breaking!! IT DOES NOT COME OFF!! thank god for epoxy! this BMW has a single clip right behind the grab handles. similar to the cadi deville, also on the front doors with air bags in the panel there is also a torx screw behind that little plastic trim tag that says "AIRBAG" it pops right out along with the phillips screws that have little caps on them that pop off. once you get all the panel fasteners popped then like TINT EASTWOOD said grip and rip straight up. the plastic clip will stay on the door frame part, you will have to squeez the tabs and get them off to put back on the door panel, also take the top gasket off the panel and put it back on the door frame. then your door panel will just push straight on to all the clips. :thumb just wanted to share with you guys.

Guest toeknee22

no hard feelings slayer, trial and error buddy. when I did that I even had a buddy who works at a body shop here with me looking at it also. we were thinking the same thing slayer, he pulled panels for me on a 325 series and the wood trim was horizontal mounted and yes it pops right off and exposes screws. like I said I just wanted to share the info with you guys for future reference. :thumb

Archived