This is shameful. Shame on you Govt!

Sorry I tend to disagree with facets of this story.

So I work my ass off, earn money and pay taxes...athletes work their asses off, earn money, and pay taxes. Boo freaking Hoo. Yes the amount of tax is bullshit high but no they shouldn't get off the hook on the thousands they earn. They spend thousands on training and travel with the dream of winning, fame, and fortune. Well I spent hundreds of thousands on my business, schooling, training, and risk. To athletes their sport is their business.

Sorry just my 2c. Hope it made sense.

Yes they should pay on their winnings even with the USA crest on their chest. Winnings are earnings to an athlete. What makes them any more patriotic than you or I?

Taxes should be reduced and the tax code thrown out the door. That much I do agree with.

Guest thatsnappyguy

You work and make money, and pay taxes. If we go to another country for a tinting competition and win $10k, we would get taxed on it even though we are representing our country. If there was a special non-taxable rule for representing your country, it would be endorsed by Romney.

Archived