This is shameful. Shame on you Govt!

Guest thatsnappyguy

And yes, it is a crappy thing to tax the olympic champions but it HAS to be like that. There can be no special rules because you all know it would be taken advantage of left and right.

Im sure these people aren't competing for a paycheck. You guys are pretty brutal. Its not like just anyone can be in the Olympics. They have to compete to be apart of Team America. This means that they aren't just competing to be #1, they are competing to make America #1.

Anyway, if I were essentially endorsed my my own country, Id be a little upset for the basic "Thanks for representing us well, now you owe us $...."

Let them be taxed on the endorsements, not the medals.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Im sure these people aren't competing for a paycheck. You guys are pretty brutal. Its not like just anyone can be in the Olympics. They have to compete to be apart of Team America. This means that they aren't just competing to be #1, they are competing to make America #1.

Anyway, if I were essentially endorsed my my own country, Id be a little upset for the basic "Thanks for representing us well, now you owe us $...."

Let them be taxed on the endorsements, not the medals.

I could agree with that. The winnings could be tax deductible, but not the endorsements.

Archived