Suntek PPF guys came by today

If I remember correctly it was Tyler and Brandon. They are from the engineering side of things. Both very nice. They brought some PPF with a new adhesive they are doing research on. I guess they said some people have complained of peal back after install with the film. The new stuff is just a lot tackier. I did a 03 accord bumper in black while they were their. It was from a body shop with crappy paint so it may have been a little more tacky from the paint surface also. I used xpel gel as I do most of the time.I have not had any problems with the currant film, and would like to see it stay the same.The trial film was just a little to much and marked to easy. But it was nice to try out.

Guest Invisibra.net

I had the same experience with the new adhesive, and yes, it seemed to be easy to get distortions and the adhesive would be damaged much easier than the standard adhesive the have had for a while.

I believe their idea is good to increase the strength of the adhesive, but to make it slightly time-delayed, if something like that is possible. (It is possible, as the Avery film goes on VERY easily initially, and after a short time sticks quite nicely also.)

I plan on having 2 films on hand. The Avery, (Once production gets going again) and the Suntek. Since the Suntek has the self healing, then that will be a feature that could appeal to some customers.

I don't think there will ever be a perfect film out there, even though we all wish there was. There are all different kinds of installers out there that have different preferences which leads to likes and dislikes on films. As long as the companies are willing to listen to constructive criticism, than hopefully they will keep working hard to please the installers that buy from them.

How is suntek PPF holding up?

Have they made changes to their coated film/ adhesive etc?

What is the feedback for holding up and not staining the film from the Florida love bugs? I currently use Ultimate and 3M.

I have been installing a lot of it here in Texas and havent had one issue with it yet. It is very easy to install. The adhesive is very forgiving so it doesnt distort. And so far it has held up well to bugs. Not a lot of love bugs here in the DFW area but some of my East TExas customers get them and no complaints so far.

I've also really liked the Suntek film, and have installed it exclusively for a bit over a year.

I'd still like them to get a slightly stronger adhesive that sticks similarly to the Avery or perhaps Llumar film. It will let an edge lift after it has been installed, sits for an hour, and then everything heated down with a heat gun, so it just doesn't get that 'final tack' that the Avery had. I always tell my customers to give the film a good check-over a week after install, and if they see anything that needs attention, to swing back by. Usually takes 2 or 3 minutes to get them taken care of for good. (On the few that do need that last bit of attention)

Durability has been really nice on the Suntek. Bugs and Birds don't hurt this film. And it just doesn't seem to scratch at all.

Just hope they are still doing R&D with that adhesive...

I've also really liked the Suntek film, and have installed it exclusively for a bit over a year.

I'd still like them to get a slightly stronger adhesive that sticks similarly to the Avery or perhaps Llumar film. It will let an edge lift after it has been installed, sits for an hour, and then everything heated down with a heat gun, so it just doesn't get that 'final tack' that the Avery had. I always tell my customers to give the film a good check-over a week after install, and if they see anything that needs attention, to swing back by. Usually takes 2 or 3 minutes to get them taken care of for good. (On the few that do need that last bit of attention)

Durability has been really nice on the Suntek. Bugs and Birds don't hurt this film. And it just doesn't seem to scratch at all.

Just hope they are still doing R&D with that adhesive...

I agree everything is perfect but you are on point with the glue. Would you wrap edge a Range Sport full hood with it?

Archived