Tint plotter...same old question/ new person asking...

korean1

I think that TintTek's program is online based and free to new users paying month to month. I dont like this think that because I remember paying them $2,500 for the software alone. The times are changing, as they say.

yes. it sounds like the way I will go. but just need to get plotter now! Do yall think a $500 plotter would suffice? I know sometime you get what you pay for. but would it work? if it cuts within 10 min its still worth it. imo. saving time cutting is the real point of the matter.

What do I need to look for when buying a plotter.

blade angle? recommended?

what else?

Get one no less then 40in so you can do everything. My opinion.

Completly agree. that is my main idea of it. thanks 808!

any other advise? I'm all ears.

Im biased towards Roland plotters, because I have owned one for about 4 years. Buy used. I got my 40" CammPro 1 for $2200 with software used. Now that I dont do automotive anymore, I use it specifically for vinyl and deco films. The retail on mine is somewhere around $6k I believe.

what vector program you using?

As of right now, I am using Inkscape b/c its a free download. I am planning to buy Adobe in the future. My cut program is FlexiStarter. I have a MacBook Air now and would like to get software for this. My laptop PC is about 5 years old now and doesnt like being turned on...its very tired. I will try to buy used software from Amazon. Do you recommend anything?

I think that TintTek's program is online based and free to new users paying month to month. I dont like this think that because I remember paying them $2,500 for the software alone. The times are changing, as they say.

yes. it sounds like the way I will go. but just need to get plotter now! Do yall think a $500 plotter would suffice? I know sometime you get what you pay for. but would it work? if it cuts within 10 min its still worth it. imo. saving time cutting is the real point of the matter.

What do I need to look for when buying a plotter.

blade angle? recommended?

what else?

Get one no less then 40in so you can do everything. My opinion.

Completly agree. that is my main idea of it. thanks 808!

any other advise? I'm all ears.

Well what other questions do you have?

Archived