Tint plotter...same old question/ new person asking...

korean1

Since the plotter threads are all segregated...

My Q. is:

What is a decent tint plotter at low cost. Since I am an occassional auto and commer tinter. I dont need the fastest, greatest.

also is there any other options to the programs than monthly subscription? are there any free auto schematics? or the ability to pay per car downloaded?

Im biased towards Roland plotters, because I have owned one for about 4 years. Buy used. I got my 40" CammPro 1 for $2200 with software used. Now that I dont do automotive anymore, I use it specifically for vinyl and deco films. The retail on mine is somewhere around $6k I believe.

thanks for both reply's. I have contacted fvd. great response from them. unfortunately I believe I fall threw the cracks due to my scenario. still working on making this tint career a good one. so my sporadic work does not allow me the funds to afford anything currently with a plotter and programs. so I will just have to work towards that.

thanks for the help guys.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I think that TintTek's program is online based and free to new users paying month to month. I dont like this think that because I remember paying them $2,500 for the software alone. The times are changing, as they say.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Im biased towards Roland plotters, because I have owned one for about 4 years. Buy used. I got my 40" CammPro 1 for $2200 with software used. Now that I dont do automotive anymore, I use it specifically for vinyl and deco films. The retail on mine is somewhere around $6k I believe.

what vector program you using?

I think that TintTek's program is online based and free to new users paying month to month. I dont like this think that because I remember paying them $2,500 for the software alone. The times are changing, as they say.

Yes I got mines for 2k 6 years ago. Lucky now days they get to pay month to month.

You scored. I got my Q-100 for 8k with all the materials and programs. Velxi Master Plus alone was like 2k that's very expensive. TintTek's another 2k. I've used it several times now it's just sitting. I was only 21 when I got it lol... I cut decals every now and then. Like last year for party favors lol... God what a waste.

yes. it sounds like the way I will go. but just need to get plotter now! Do yall think a $500 plotter would suffice? I know sometime you get what you pay for. but would it work? if it cuts within 10 min its still worth it. imo. saving time cutting is the real point of the matter.

What do I need to look for when buying a plotter.

blade angle? recommended?

what else?

yes. it sounds like the way I will go. but just need to get plotter now! Do yall think a $500 plotter would suffice? I know sometime you get what you pay for. but would it work? if it cuts within 10 min its still worth it. imo. saving time cutting is the real point of the matter.

What do I need to look for when buying a plotter.

blade angle? recommended?

what else?

Get one no less then 40in so you can do everything. My opinion.

Archived