Police Cars

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrol, detective, or K9? I do a lot of all of them. Most of the time for me its been at the Chief/Sheriff/SO's discretion how dark he'll allow the cars to be they have exempt status here.

General patrol cars around here don't normally get anything, if they do it's 35%.

Detectives are usually 20% or 5% the whole way around.

K9 units I do in 5% for the rears and 35% up front. I will say I had to talk the guys out of 20 up front. It didn't take much cause they were all bitching they couldn't see anyway.

They aren't working as replacement Refs in the NFL, are they ?

Those guys can't see, either !

Patrol, detective, or K9? I do a lot of all of them. Most of the time for me its been at the Chief/Sheriff/SO's discretion how dark he'll allow the cars to be they have exempt status here.

General patrol cars around here don't normally get anything, if they do it's 35%.

K9 units I do in 5% for the rears and 35% up front. I will say I had to talk the guys out of 20 up front. It didn't take much cause they were all bitching they couldn't see anyway.

They aren't working as replacement Refs in the NFL, are they ?

Those guys can't see, either !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol

They have two K9 vehicles they want done and not sure about the rest. 5% and 35% sound good on the K9. Thanks.

Guest VaTinterPMan

If you offer 10% or 15% I would use that with 35% or 30% cause There is still half the cage in the back and it hard enough to see out the back window already with just 5%, Plus the cage its hard as hell to see out....

I just say cause k9's Operate at Night more often it would be better....I do seem during the day but not much, there is like one or two during the day to the 6 that run around at night, and you dont need as dark of film for as at night....Even during the day I say...

They have to keep the dogs as cool as possible an need to be able to rehab them quickly in higher heat. An other advantage to the darker film is the calming affect of a cool dark area. Think of it as kind of like a mobile kennel.

I know it's not a lot but seven units in the past couple years. (Just k9, in total ive done just under 20 vehicles for law enforcement) I've really had the chance to get to know the guys pretty well. They've given me quite a few reasons why they want them the way they do.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Have the Undercover Narcs ever tell you not to take pics of the cars??? I was told this so I didn't have there license/tag number, I guess just cause If I am involved with the under belly of the world I wouldnt know if it was them.....

I told them couldn't I just right down the numbers or something.....I also said its kinda easy to point them out cause they are in nice cars and they are str8 dark.....Cause we don't have people running around with 5% all around anymore....Cops took care of the shops doing that or people started to hate getting tickets every week....

Archived