Dispenser for Exact Dilution of Slip

I use a poly sprayer and adjust my slip acording to the vehicle. I currently use ultrabond and in the summer months a small drop of J&J. For an acurate amount, I use a 1 ounce seringe from the pharmacy and fill the ultrabond into a sprite bottle. the sprite bottle had the correct opening for the insert for the seringe, also from the local pharmacy.

I used to have peeling problems on doors. switching from J&J to the recomended slip agent cured this problem. I have noticed the film is alot more difficult to pull off the window versus using J&J. Also with a slip agent little fingers or flip lines are more easlily removed. dry time is reduced dramaticly. 15 min after I set a door it is already curing opposed to J&J. I still tell customers to keep the windows up for three days and sometimes watch them roll them down as they leave the parking lot. As long as I make them wait 15min after I complete the job before driving off, I know it will not come back.

Our local Lexus dealer loves to rainX and anti-fog the new cars. Yeah, real fun to install. Wonder how well this stuff will work on those types of installs. Talk about tint sticking...

You could keep some Zaino Brothers Z-12 around for (whatever) coated glass that causes sticking: a quick rub down of the surface removes the coatings, resulting in pristine glass surface to work with (found @ zainostore.com).

----------------

As to dispensing a slip agent, you can always use a dispenser from hand santizer bottles; they generally dispense 1.5 CC (milliliter) with each pump. These are the same ones used for LLumar's Film-On. Or, you can buy the dispenser from LLumar; both the 1.5 cc and their Dirt-Off dispenser are sold separate these days. The Dirt-Off dispenser puts ou a quarter ounce with each pump. Shot glass works, too for an ounce at a time measure.

Unless you completely rinse out the bottle and start with a totally empty bottle, exact measurements of slip are not possible. When I need to refill a container, I normally fill it and let it overflow, empty it go the fill line and add the amount of slip (by eye) that I think looks good. I'm usually on the non slippery side and if it needs more I just add a drop or two.

I have never measure the amount of slip that goes into a tank I always use my eye. Use more when it's hot in less when its cold. But for some reason I always seem to be able to get it just right. Maybe I'm just lucky :dunno

No, not lucky C2C... its called experience.

I can measure the amount of slip by eye but my less experienced installers have probs.

I make them measure the amount of slip with a measuring cup used for cooking with the gradients up the side - close enough to turn out the same concentration every time.

Measure slip in measuring cup ; mix with water; stir with finger; pour into spray bottle (5 litre or bigger - not worth it for small poly spray bottle)

....I still haven't hooked this up yet..... It's on my list....

I want warm, (almost) perfectly diluted slip solution. In the rare event I want a whole bunch of slip for something, I can do what I am doing currently - dump in a little extra.

I work in a shop, and the temperatures don't swing all that much in this temperate climate.

Archived