2013 ford fusion new body

mustangdroptop96

Guest Timbrook Tinting

Just a heads up when removing the door panels when removing the cover from behind the door handle pull from the side closest to the front of the car. Also it the back glass can be done without removing the rear deck but I still prefer to remove them when the cloth is up against the glass.

Guest aaronsautoacc

Did my first one today. Anyone tape the felt seals? I did because I kept getting contamination from them. Still had trouble with dust, but thats what happens when your doin mobile and not at my clean shop. Didn't remove the door panels but would recommend. Be careful with the door panel edge close to the bottom seal because the coating on the panel itself can rub off easliy. Back window was easy and didn't remove the deck. Wasn't too hard to reach the bottom but would have helped if I hadn't forgot my "bulldozer"!

I've gotta chime in. Just like others said, the carpet deck was right up to the glass, so I took a minute to pull the deck, and that's about all it took. Fold down seat back, remove 3 or 4 Christmas tree clips, an out comes the deck. Don't have to touch the C pillars. Wish they were all so easy!! ???? I seemed to have a little bit of contam drop of the headliner so watch for that.

Sorry, contamination dropped "off" the headliner. One other thing that surprised me was the size of that glass for a compact. Sorta a stretch to the bottom! Not hard though.

I've gotta chime in. Just like others said, the carpet deck was right up to the glass, so I took a minute to pull the deck, and that's about all it took. Fold down seat back, remove 3 or 4 Christmas tree clips, an out comes the deck. Don't have to touch the C pillars. Wish they were all so easy!! ???? I seemed to have a little bit of contam drop of the headliner so watch for that.

Sorry, contamination dropped "off" the headliner. One other thing that surprised me was the size of that glass for a compact. Sorta a stretch to the bottom! Not hard though.

Sorry I just realized I was taking about the new focus back glass. This thread is on the fusion and someone early on mentioned a Focus and it threw me off.

Sorry I just realized I was taking about the new focus back glass. This thread is on the fusion and someone early on mentioned a Focus and it threw me off.

^^ I did end up getting a Fusion in some time after that last post where I was bragging how easy the deck comes out... on a Focus.

On the Fusion you apparently do have to remove the C pillars to get the deck out, I fooled with it for 2 or 3 mins, too much involved, so I said screw it and just slid the film down. Flush it good, be brave and it'll go!

i just run a heat gun real quick along the inside where the glass and deck butt up to eachother to tighten up the fur. this makes it a bit easier to just slide the film behind without worries of contaminating stuff. its really a pretty easy back window. works good on focuses as well

Guest filbertr6

All I do for the back window on the new fusions is fold down the seats "or just un-latch them", flip up the plastic covers on the rear deck where the car seat attachments are, and give a few good tugs on the lid just well I'm sliding the film down the last quarter inch to the bottom! This nudges the deck lid forward just enough to slide the film in! With some practice I am now to the point where I can tug the shelf, and nudge the film down the last 1/4 inch or so at the same time "like a jerking motion on the deck lid!

* 3 notes to add to this method!

1. if you tug hard enough on the plastic trim around the car seat attachments to actually nudge the deck lid towards you, the plastic trim will come free a bit towards you, "it slides right back where it belongs when your done, you didn't break it!"

2. I don't, but you may want to use a rag or glove when grabbing and tugging on the plastic trim piece as its a bit sharp to pull hard on!

3. If you prefer to not fold the seats down "as I do" and just unlatch them, you have to be careful not to put any pressure pushing the seats closed, as this defeats the purpose of yanking on the deck lid since the tops of the seats also push the deck lid towards the bottom of the back glass!

I hope this helps someone, I can say that this method is not technically easier then pulling it all apart, as that would make the easiest install of the film, but with a bit of practice this method would be faster then all the others I have read, I can get these windows on just as fast as a chevy cruze rear glass! And I don't burn any carpet...

Good luck!

Archived