Terms & slow pay

Take your vehicle to the dealer and get routine service done to it.

Tellem when you pick it to just subtract the cost of the wotk they did for you from the cost of your work for them, and by the way, here is your new balance owed, where is my payment ?

I agree, I am just going to give our local cities 30 day net and one dealer, the rest are just going to have to pay per job or if they want 30 day net give me a cc to keep on file and when they are late I'll run it.

I like the cc thing but then I have to charge them for using it. I don't know if its everyone but I pay more if the card isn't in hand during the transaction.

There you go !

They supply a CC to keep in your posession, when done with the work, the card is run, you get paid, problem solved !

If they cant trust you with a Company credit card, how can you trust them to pay you in a timely fashion ?

Of course, this would be put in place for the ones with a history of paying months after the work is done.

I'm new to the site and have been reading alot of everyones comments and everyone seems to be pretty honest and good natured with their responses. I've owned my own business before and getting back into to running my own business again. Do any of you have the dealer sign some sort of a receipt/contract that explains the terms? I've done work for dealers in the past and I've seen other's mentioned it, but get paid when you do the work. If you do alot of work for them, make it once a week or every two weeks when they pay their employees. If you give them 30 they will take 60 or more. They feel you need them more then they need you. Business is buisness. If they operate that way do you really want to do business with them. If the relationship is that good with the sales manager or whom ever gets you in the door, explain your issue and tell him your beef. Maybe it will help. We all need the work but if your waiting for $X amount, how do you cover your cost and pay your employee's? The CC is a great idea but that still costs you money. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

Guest SHOWTINT

I solved that problem by raising prices for the dealers. The ones I still work for I don't mind waiting 30-60 days.

. That's how I solved the same issue with my dealer accounts .

We don't do dealers anymore and I don't miss it one bit ,but when we did I gave them 30 days with 5 day grace period after that if they called and wanted a car tinted I would tell them I could not tint anymore cars until I got a check and always got a check that day. anyway dealing with car dealers is like dealing with children they are always testing there boundreis but the more you give the more they will take. also you make alway offer like a 5% discount to pay by a certain date.

Archived