Premiumshield

JYS which film showed yellowing, was it the reg. or the elite? PPF Distributing says the "Elite" has a lifetime warranty on yellowing. And I would also be interrested in how the film compares to xpel ultimate if you have tried it? Cheers!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having worked in the Gulf Region - I can tell you that the film yellows due to the high dust content - combine this with ridiculous temperatures heating the film to over 100 degrees and the dust sticks like glue - only way to combat is to protect the film with polish / sealant etc. although expect the Elite to help dramatically reduce this! :D

No the elite

and even the reg is very slight, best than most...

We usually get the yellowing because of the sand blasting and yellow sand getting into the film with the heat rather than the regular yellowing

I installed the PS Elite on a white Lotus last Saturday. I have used a ball pen to draw the outline of the piece on the PPF and usually the ink line can be removed with Novus plastic polish or wax (for VS). But this time, the ink can't be wiped off with any wax or polish.

Anyone come across this matter?

I installed the PS Elite on a white Lotus last Saturday. I have used a ball pen to draw the outline of the piece on the PPF and usually the ink line can be removed with Novus plastic polish or wax (for VS). But this time, the ink can't be wiped off with any wax or polish.

Anyone come across this matter?

Just took a video wk, and this is not the case. Plus, why would you do a comparison with a hard coat to a VS? it's not apples to apples. And don't mind the premature sploog in the process. it happens from time to time :-)

http://www.autovues.com/vue/ltnJU8vw

Guest Allegiance Aftermarket

Allegiance Aftermarket will be holding a PremiumShield open house/training clinic in Tempe, AZ. We will be showcasing both the PremiumShield, and the PremiumShield Elite.

Here are the details:

When: Wednesday, April 24, 2013. 10:00am- 2:00pm (registration 9:30am)

Where: 1820 W. Drake Dr. suite 103

Tempe, AZ 85283

RSVP: Chris Bearse (909)575-7972, or cbearse@alltpa.com

We will be raffling off film, there will be free giveaways, and FREE LUNCH!!!

Whether you are a seasoned veteran, or interested in getting into the PPF market, you dont want to miss this event!

I have installed premium shield on several cars and am very please with the film. From what we have heard is that its produced by the old ventureshield team before 3M took over.

As for quality its a mix between Venture and Xpel. It stretches like Venture but has a little less orange peel like xpel. The only negative is it seems to have a less glossy top coat than xpel and venture which can be seen on black cars.

You have to use Elite for black car in order to look glossy.

Guest yazeez

Hi there JYS

I'm opening a new auto care shop in jubail industrial city, saudi arabia.

Can I get in contact with you and see if we can help eachother?

email me at yazeed{at}ecosmart-sa.com

Hi everyone..

Have been using this for some time now... on Black, White, Cars, Bikes, ATVs, you name it...

got a customer who have done almost 60,000 KM in a very short period of time with the film on his car since day one, the film looks okay and is better than almost all the others in the market

We have one of the most extreme conditions here in Saudi Arabia. PS is simply one of the best things that have ever happened to the PPF industry.

Just a remark tough... they lack a lot regarding explaining the films specs + difference between the regular and elite.

I bet elite is not yet selling very well, even that it has that self-healing thing and where with a competitor film you can get in a much higher price.

I can see that Premium Shield is going to chunk a huge market share if they do better on marketing and maintain good stocks + credibility, but hey, that's my personal opinion...

and BTW.... 3M... ASTALAVISTA BABY!!! LOL

I'm through with those scumbags

Archived