High Performance Films - The Laws of Dimishing Returns

Hello -

When comparing good old regular tint like Suntek Carbon 35 at 42% TSER relative to Crystalline 40 at 60%. Is the TSER a good ACCURATE # to use as a comparison or does every manuf. have different standards on the TSER # they put out.

I have to see the Crystalline film in person, but if the pics I see are on the internet are right, it seems to have a blue hue to it. Not a fan....

However, I'd like to compare the relative cost to performance ratio. Similar to sound, every 1DB is huge. I'm going to presume using these so called *High Performance Rejecting Films* would be quite beneficial to a black/black car that is not garaged.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello -

I'm going to presume using these so called *High Performance Rejecting Films* would be quite beneficial to a black/black car that is not garaged.

Film on autos is more creature comfort while occupied; not a savior when parked in the sun for hours.

Understood. So what's the Upsell for HP films like HO, Crystalline, aside from a lighter waller and or a very Light tint with good TSER ratings. At the end of the day, I'll still be leaning in the 40-35% range

End of the warm day in the hot sun it'll still be 100+ degrees in the car.

Yes your wallet will be lighter but think of it this way; as you drive, the faster you go the more efficient any applied film works, so you'll be cooler still with the high dollar film and you'll get better gas mileage since your wallet is lighter! :lol:cool

Ha. Sometimes we get caught up in percentage #'s....I saw this video and thought that there were inherent benefits to the HP films...

I bet you could fry eggs on those windows after they sit in the sun for 15 minutes

Understood. So what's the Upsell for HP films like HO, Crystalline, aside from a lighter waller and or a very Light tint with good TSER ratings. At the end of the day, I'll still be leaning in the 40-35% range

You might want to consider that upsell "premium" (I quote Eastman Performance Films) films such as Huper Optik Drei are:

• Sputter Coated and have much higher optical quality than say a vapor deposited product, carbon, etc.
  • Contain no dyes... so no color related issue to worry about
  • Reject up too 70% TSER (Yeah it will eventually heat up if you park it outside but take a ride in Phoenix in a car outfitted with DREI versus something else and you tell me which 'feels' better)
  • Much more durable than a taditional dyed or even IR dye film (No color in the scratch coat, no thin scratch coat)

Yes, you pay more but you get what you pay for... a nice looking, long lasting, high performing film. As a dealer you get a patented product with no competitive match and less dealer saturation plus higher profit. We try to help your margin rather than hurt it... who would you rather do business with?

Ha. Sometimes we get caught up in percentage #'s....I saw this video and thought that there were inherent benefits to the HP films...

Here is the easy way. Install a piece of Crystalline or Cabon next to a piece of Huper Select or Ceramic and ask your customer: "Which film looks the best?" No percentages needed. :D

Archived