Busy weekend of diving

Ok so my two youngest are springboard and platform divers.

I traveled to Austin to watch the youngest compete in State High School Diving Championships.They only do 1 meter diving there. She came up 2 spots in finals to finish 8th. She's a sophomore.

IMG_2381_zps0009a117.jpg

The middle one competed in ACC conference championships in Greensboro NC at the same time. My wife flew up. She got silver on 3 meter springboard (only 4 points out of lead).

Gold medal for 1 meter springboard. And 5th on 10 meter platform (bombed her last dive for 2s and 3s), she was winning before the last dive.

She still made enough points over the season to win the ACC Most Valuable Diver for the season. This is her second straight honor for MVP. She's a sophomore at Virginia Tech.

Screenshot_2013-02-24-11-54-49_zps46aa3579.png

20130224_110234_zps5f91ff1e.jpg

Ok, enough braggin' on my kids! :lol

Kats deserves a medal of his own. Not only is he a family man who is always there for his girls, he always willing to lend an ear, and help out those who need it. My soon to be ex wife contacted him asking for his help, and although Kats has a large project to start next week, he STILL made it a point to visit her during the home show that she was working on his way home from Austin, TX this weekend, to let her know he would help her when he can.

It is an absolute pleasure to work with him as well, bc when he says he will be there at 6am to start, he is there at 5:45am, and will stay until dark, and do it again tomorrow.

Thanks Kevin.

Archived