New Ohio Revised Tint Law!

Guest Spoolme

All I know is if Im gonna follow the rules I'll make it my mission to make sure ALL shops even the backyard guys follow the same rules. Which means the board will be getting a few anonymous calls reporting illegal tinting after I find out they are. I wonder who lobbied for this law adjustment?

Wow that's harsh. How about a new business venture? Think in terms of medical /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 in say, California. You find an eye doctor or something that maybe gives scripts for darker tint therefore making it legal? No date on invoices to the customer? Just thinking out loud but this law will/does suck.

has anyone had any problems with the waivers coming back and biting them? im thinking about going and having my attorney write up a new waiver for me, one that states the customer promises they have a medical excuse for tinted windows and or they promise this vehicle will be for off road use only! hey auto parts stores everywhere have signs on there aftermarket add ons "for off road use only''

(((((UPDATE)))))

So it turns out the only reason the law got adjusted was because some ohio senator got pulled over and got a ticket for too dark of tint on his mercedes and said "I was never told it was illegal" but got a ticket anyways.  So long story short, he made it his mission to get the law adjusted to punish the tint shops for installing illegal tint.  So almost a year later and The DMV pretty much doesn't care to inforce the new law and every cop that comes in to my shop to get tint requests 5% all around and hasn't even heard of the law change…Too Funny

Seems to be an on going position for too many who are willing to sit back and say, "oh well, guess I'll have to comply or find another profession."  WHY?!  Do something about it!!!  The tint laws in Texas have been threatened time and time again, but we always get involved to keep it from changing.  This is small scale, and people wonder why things happen on a larger scale in this country.

Too late for this thread.  Im assuming it went through? 

All this bill does is raise revenue for law enforcement and govt, costing the shop owners and end user more money in the long run.

Next up, minimum wage.  Anyone think raising it is a good idea??

Get involved, change the course of action.  Sit back, and lose.

Archived