Need a mirror film to block inmates view of the outside

I tried a Dual reflective 5% on an office and ended up redoing it with 15% due to similar light levels.

Wonder if anyone with experience with perforated vinyl has experience with this type of use?

I had a window at an emergency room waiting area that needed a "one way". Did the standard silver film or DR and it worked pretty good. They lated decided it wasn't enough so they called me back. I ended up getting some perforated vinyl and putting it on the inside. I should have gotten it black but wasn't thinking so I had to paint it black. It did help out, but I am pretty sure a 35% black film or so would have been about the same.

Johnsons Scenic View 10 is another good DR for the effect.

I just used RN 07 at a County Jail. My understanding is there has to be a 50% light difference in the lighting. For example; if they're 8 lights on the inmate side there can only be 4 lights on the officer side. The only lighting in the officer side came from the monitors so it worked very well. Hope this helps.

I tried a Dual reflective 5% on an office and ended up redoing it with 15% due to similar light levels.

Wonder if anyone with experience with perforated vinyl has experience with this type of use?

This is what in concerned with. When we turn down the lights at night, I dont want to have trouble seeing in to the pods. Also dont want the reflection to turn on us. I contacted suntek sales manager Jim Arnold, and he stated DRM/DS 7 would be the film I want. Just hope 7% isn't too dark

I just used RN 07 at a County Jail. My understanding is there has to be a 50% light difference in the lighting. For example; if they're 8 lights on the inmate side there can only be 4 lights on the officer side. The only lighting in the officer side came from the monitors so it worked very well. Hope this helps.

yes we already have tint for our control center which works great because the light from the walk way is brighter than the light from the monitors

The DR7 has a reflective side and a non reflective side. If the lights are the same, it should work fine. It's just dark compared to a DRDS, SDS, or SYDS in the same brand line.

With it being so dark, would this effect us seeing the inmates?

With that many pieces being done, I wouldn't think so, but a sample on one of the windows would be ideal to make sure.

Archived