2007 Yaris - What's the trick??

Tints'r'us

So I had one of these to do today, rear windows were good and quick, the small quarters at the front were ok too. But the two front windows were bi$£%es to do!! I got the passengers side down after three goes, but I couldn't do the drivers side! I shrunk it on the outside but I kept getting a long vertical ripple running from bottom to just above half way, and it;s te type that will crease if you touch it. I don't understand why this happened/happens.

Would someone please be kind enough to help me out :(.

And I am no pro tinter, just something I do on the side of my studies.

Thanks!

Hey T R US,

You need to shrink the sides of these baby's well. Also, use extra soap when installing. They are not a difficult car to tint, just need a adapt to a different technique.

I suggest cutting to size, then using a rear screen of a different vehicle, shrink the sides top and bottom, just try and replicate to shape of the side window on the rear screen you are using to shrink. And if you use a little extra slip, you should avoid creasing the film.

All the best! :thumb

Ok, I give up. I couldn't do the other window so just took the passengers side off and sent the customer on their way.

GTS, when you said the sides need to be shrunk, even when on another window thats curved, it's impossible as I was shrinking against the grain and the film was just collapsing on itself.

I even tried heating the fingers from outside with a hard card wrapped in tissue. But that didn't help either.

Archived