bubbleing heat strips on lexus is200

I tried tinting a lexus is200 rear screen today dry shrink and wet shrink. the film sat perfectly flat on the outside both times. as soon as it was transfered to the inside and squeeged out it keept bubbleing up along the heater strips, the bubbles were vertical as well as horizontal, tried heating the glass from outside and squeeging this made them worse.

anyone had this problem before or got any solution.

regards rob

You're going to have to break out the ole' heat gun and go to work. Lexus are notorious for their thick defroster lines causing this. Heat the area. Push the air going vertical towards the defrost line. Work from the center of the affected area out to the side so you don't trap any air. I havent seen it on an IS before but LS almost always do this.

I did notice the rear heater strips had green oxidisation along them and on the glass I used green plastic scratch pad to remove this but steel wool sounds a better option but wont it damage the heater strips.

Like Blackwolf says DON'T ever use green scrubby pads on glass :nuts

Use slip and v fine steel wool 000 grade, it cleans up the heater bars and lets the tint stick better.

You might still get some peanuts on some cars, and certain films are better for this than others, but whoever said tinting was easy

Normally steel wool #000 or #0000 won't ruin or affect defrost lines. However, ive cleaned back windows with a white scrubby pad and had the whole rear defrost come off on the pad. Some lines are good, some are bad. Charge more for Lexus vehicles because of this!!

hahaha he definitely used it on the glass. stupid rook

Lol^^ bee nice man.

Archived