XPEL - DAP

Just make your own patterns with corel Draw. I made the inserts for the front bumper vents on a Ferrari 458 today in 20 minutes. Take a picture, then make the pattern. easy.

Xpel DAP has these vents in the kit already though?

Just make your own patterns with corel Draw. I made the inserts for the front bumper vents on a Ferrari 458 today in 20 minutes. Take a picture, then make the pattern. easy.

It was just an example... I do not use Xpel DAP. I do custom installation for a better fit and finish than any kit out there. However, there are just a few items that a custom install cannot improve on, and that is usually A-pillars, Some Headlights/foglights, and little parts like those hood inserts. I'm not throwing away $300 a month for Xpel's system, when I only used it to cut out 3 or 4 sets of headlights a month.

The original question was about screen protection for the phones and tablets on the market. I was just saying that you could take a picture of the face of the phone, put that pic into Corell Draw, and make a pattern quickly, which would then fit the way YOU wanted it to.

It was just an example... I do not use Xpel DAP. I do custom installation for a better fit and finish than any kit out there. However, there are just a few items that a custom install cannot improve on, and that is usually A-pillars, Some Headlights/foglights, and little parts like those hood inserts. I'm not throwing away $300 a month for Xpel's system, when I only used it to cut out 3 or 4 sets of headlights a month.

The original question was about screen protection for the phones and tablets on the market. I was just saying that you could take a picture of the face of the phone, put that pic into Corell Draw, and make a pattern quickly, which would then fit the way YOU wanted it to.

Good to know, even when doing what I consider "bulk wraps" (I am actually working on a 2013 458 Italia right now) I like to use Xpels kit and just make all lines "mark extendable" and add .5 to 1.0 inch wrap to the entire kit, unless I don't like something about the kit then I may modify it more and add lots of material.

This allows me to use less material by nesting thing together but still achieve a wrapped edge on everything or add material to certain parts that needs it(like the 458 front bumper down on the lower piece) I find it also gives me the most consistent fit and finish from one side to the other because all my "wrapped in" edges are consistent even on the backside of the door/hood extra because they were not hand cut. If I do hand cut and want a nice even edge it takes more time and patience then just wrapped in a edge cut by the plotter.

But I can also justify the cost of DAP because its great software for allot of the "production" cars I do as well that are just getting things like 24" kits and such.

Archived