2012 ford focus ST hatch

mustangdroptop96

I saw a few posts on here about the rear of this car. Definitely pull the spoiler it makes life easy and the back windows are cake. However the front 2 I popped off the tweeter and still cannot figure out this door panel. Do you guys pop them off or leave on

I pulled the top of the door pnl and pulled out the strip. After removing the pull handle screw. Dont pull off spoiler, remove wiper,shape bottom then slide it down shape top. Need coffee,will edit later

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I'd pull the spoiler. Makes your life so much easier! Shrinking and cutting. I remembered the doors being a pain in the rear with the plastic around the seals but I didn't have to pull panels on it.

focus1_zpsb8866441.jpg

focus2_zps5e3ac7cb.jpg

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

On these cars I only take the spoiler loose and sit it back on a drop cloth on to the roof of the car while I shrink out the back window. Then I placed a piece of film on my pill bored and reinstall the spoiler.

Why not just unplug the light and hose for the sprayer, and remove it all together til your done? Seems like less of a hassle IMO. But hey what ever works for you! :thumb

I saw a few posts on here about the rear of this car. Definitely pull the spoiler it makes life easy and the back windows are cake. However the front 2 I popped off the tweeter and still cannot figure out this door panel. Do you guys pop them off or leave on

Spoiler off, rubbers out no need to fully pull the front door.

Side screw in the front door vertical and the trickiest bit is getting the weather seal to start to come up as each very end is tucked under.

Rear doors move right out of square by as much as 1/2".

Devil

instructions I found online minus the pics but should be pretty easy if these are correct

• I started with the screw up the the exterior handle. There's a small plastic cover to pry off first, then take the screw out.
  • next the screw behind the reflector. To take the reflector off just pull outward to the right and remove the screw.( left if left side door obviously)
  • Now for the screw in the interior door handle. Its blocked by a small circular plastic cover, you can press one side to give the other a lip to get under and pull off.
  • Now for the 2 screws behind the window controls. To take out the controls you first have to remove the silver slim piece in front and then it pops out.
    Its important to start pry the silver piece front to back because theres a big clip on the far right side.
    after you take that out, unscrew the two t-20 Torx screws and the controls are free to pry up.
  • the only thing stopping you are the clips, I know you want to be careful with your baby, but this might require some hard pulling depending on how tight your clips are in. I think there are around 5-7 clips around the whole door, use the pry tool for these.

Archived